Thread: 3 Dogs and a Kong

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 3 Dogs and a Kong

Decided to get the kong out last night, filled it with treats and threw it on the floor. Guss and Holly did not have a clue what to do with it, it took my darling little cassie who you all know is blind and deaf and 15 to show them what to do. I was only saying to Sins a few nights ago I was getting concerned for her, she seems so confused at times but not last night. She played with it for ages, got all the treats out and thoroughly enjoyed them all. Guss and Holly well a bit dim or what?Still love though.
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

aww - that's sweet. Good for Cassie.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Cassie is 15! That is the kind of stuff I like to hear. I am so afraid of Cooper having a short life span. Way to go Cassie!!!
    Chuck, Cooper and Nina
    Shelter dogs aren't broken. They've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human, we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write. Do not pity a shelter dog. Adopt one.

Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant! It shows she still has a good quality of life.
    Kongs are just fab! We got one for Daisy last week,I had no idea there were so many different kong Toys or even some horrible Liver pastes that you can fill them with.There's even a toothpaste for a Kong......There's a clip of her "killing" the Kong in the cavalier clips section.
    Have Gus and Holly showed any interest in it yet?
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive this new puppy owner who hasn't had a dog in 16 years...what do I do with a Kong? I think Rudy received something similar to a Kong in a holiday gift - it's an oblong rubber toy with a quarter sized hole at the bottom which I assume is for treats. But the tiny treats we give him roll right out the bottom of it - not too challenging!! As an empty toy it's not too enticing to him. Suggestions????

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I mix tuna with natural live yoghurt and put it in ice cube trays to freeze it, when its frozen place them in the kong and top off with smooth peanut butter as a treat, it takes them longer to get the stuff out and in summer its nice to cool them down, you could also use cheese from a tube like primula and kibble but do remember to give them less food to compensate for them

Post Thanks / Like

I spread peanut butter inside the rim, and my dogs go crazy!!! You can add some of your smaller treats in their too because the peanut butter holds them in.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi HollyDolly

And well done to Cassie ,you tell them all cleverness comes with age and takes a long time to practice ,and what a marvellous and beautiful CKCS your are.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T