• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

3 Dogs and a Kong

HollyDolly

Decided to get the kong out last night, filled it with treats and threw it on the floor. Guss and Holly did not have a clue what to do with it, it took my darling little cassie who you all know is blind and deaf and 15 to show them what to do. I was only saying to Sins a few nights ago I was getting concerned for her, she seems so confused at times but not last night. She played with it for ages, got all the treats out and thoroughly enjoyed them all. Guss and Holly well a bit dim or what?:rotfl:Still love though.

Wow Cassie is 15! That is the kind of stuff I like to hear. I am so afraid of Cooper having a short life span. Way to go Cassie!!!:rah:

That's brilliant! It shows she still has a good quality of life.
Kongs are just fab! We got one for Daisy last week,I had no idea there were so many different kong Toys or even some horrible Liver pastes that you can fill them with.There's even a toothpaste for a Kong......There's a clip of her "killing" the Kong in the cavalier clips section.
Have Gus and Holly showed any interest in it yet?
Sins

Forgive this new puppy owner who hasn't had a dog in 16 years...what do I do with a Kong? I think Rudy received something similar to a Kong in a holiday gift - it's an oblong rubber toy with a quarter sized hole at the bottom which I assume is for treats. But the tiny treats we give him roll right out the bottom of it - not too challenging!! As an empty toy it's not too enticing to him. Suggestions????

I mix tuna with natural live yoghurt and put it in ice cube trays to freeze it, when its frozen place them in the kong and top off with smooth peanut butter as a treat, it takes them longer to get the stuff out and in summer its nice to cool them down, you could also use cheese from a tube like primula and kibble but do remember to give them less food to compensate for them:rolleyes:

I spread peanut butter inside the rim, and my dogs go crazy!!! You can add some of your smaller treats in their too because the peanut butter holds them in. :D

Hi HollyDolly

And well done to Cassie ,you tell them all cleverness comes with age and takes a long time to practice ,and what a marvellous and beautiful CKCS your are.:):flwr:

Back