Thread: Food Warning!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Food Warning!

Wow...how do they get away with this?

[link removed by admin]

In all fairness, there isn't anyway to prove the guy didn't stage his findings. Does anyone on here feed [removed by admin] who can do their own test?
    Last edited by brotymo; 10th January 2009 at 03:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I'm going to the pain and work of making my 3 dogs food but at least I know what they're getting so well worth the work.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Satisfied [deleted]

We've been feeding Copper [name deleted by admin] since he went on adult food (he's now 17 months old) and we've not had a problem with the food ever. I check each bag when I open it and I've not seen bones like this guy showed in his video...on the YouTube page for this video someone said something about it being 'staged,' people do strange things but I can't see how it could be staged. I will continue to check each bag...and we get it from PetCo because they have automatic home delivery which is much easier than trying to get the free-standing store in my area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have bought the whitefish and potato food before and never saw anything wrong with it.

Conversely, I won't shop at Petco based on this FDA report from last summer: http://www.fda.gov/consumer/updates/PETCO_062308.html
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my 2 [removed by admin]. They just love it, and have perfect stools.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, have fed [edited by admin] with no problem....I can't imagine that their food would have that many bones in it.

Post Thanks / Like

After watching the video of the man opening the "new" bag of food, I got to thinking that he could have already opened the bag from the back, or the bottom and we wouldn't have seen that. My husband said that after watching a TV show "How it's Made" making dog food, it would be VERY unlikly to have any bones in the food. Especially ones of the size he was showing, and also there were so many!!! Very odd- maybe he did stage the whole thing. Let's hope so for all the dogs out there eating this food.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I think the guy had the bones in the measuring cup, before he put it in the bag to scoop out some food. He is holding the measuring cup very carefully.

I use a measuring cup to measure my dog's food, but I always turn is upside down as I scoop into the dog food. He doesn't do that on the video.

I think the video is staged. I don't know what he has against [removed by admin], but he definitely has an axe to grind.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please do NOT post links to material like this which makes libellous and unproven accusations. Merely by posting a link to this, you risk a libel suit from the manufacturer. I therefore have had to remove the name of the manufacturer from every single post. If a manufacturer is mentioned somewhere like the FDA site that is a different matter but this is total hearsay and unproven material from a totally unreliable and unknown source.

Please reread the Getting Started section on what is appropriate to post if the reasons for pulling bits of this thread are unclear to anyone reading this.

A board is not a private room in which you can have a private conversation -- it is a public forum and your public commentary has to be made within rules that apply to public comment. If that man wishes to stupidly post such things on YouTube that is his option but such material absolutely may not be crossposted here.

Once you post such information you have 'published' it with the same responsibilities of a newspaper or broadcaster. If you are unfamiliar with libel law I have a link with information on this in Getting Started.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com