Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Dog Houses-Do You Have A Favourite

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Multiple Dog Houses-Do You Have A Favourite

Hi

Took Dawn to her Mums yesterday she lives just outside Sheffield her younger sister (Dawns not her Mums )persuaded her to move over there to enable her to better look after her ,thats a load of cobblers worst thing she ever done ,but thats a long complicated story that I try and keep out of ,she was 86 (her Mum not Dawn ) and lives in a little two bedroom bungalow ,Bob ,Dawns dad died about eight years ago .Anyway the question she asked me was "Do I have a Favourite " to which I replied.Each one of the three came to live with me at different times and for different reasons and they each have totally different unique characters so i therefore have no favourite as each one of them are The Worlds Best Cavalier King Charles Spaniel so therefore each one is my own special favourite Cavalier in The World.

So the question is Do you have a favourite and if yes or no the reasons why or why not.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend that periodically will ask me "which one is your favorite?" and I am floored at the question. Each one so unique, each one filling my heart in their own way-even the newest from day 1 has filled a space.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, Brian. Well, I have two and they are soooo different. Casey is so sweet, I just want to squeeze her to death (you know what I mean) and Ollie is a little terror, but makes me laugh so much with his antics. So, no I don't have a favorite. I get to cuddle with Casey while Ollie runs around like a crazy dog making me laugh!
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

I could never say I had a 'favourite' or that I loved any of my dogs more than any other. What I will say however is that sometimes a 'special' dog comes along who has such a massive personality that they make a tremendous, unique impact on you.

I've had 2 such Cavaliers - Misty (my very first cav back in 198 and darling Cailean, who left us for the Bridge last month. It doesn't mean I loved them more than the others; they were just huge characters .
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like

This is hard my very first cavalier was a loverly dog and set me wanting more he had such a good character even though he was very ill
    Rocky what can I say he was a angel loved everyone he would make a fuss
    Barney he is nuts sits outside when it is windy to try to get anything that comes near him
    Jazzie is not a cavalier but is my old boy
    Sam
    Jake well I have never had a dog like him 99 times out of a 100 he is a dream but you must be aware that he can and does bite without warning
    so no I do not have a 'favourite'
    ---Aileen and the gang(Barney--Jazzie---Jake)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

My first ever dog was a heinz 57 (aha), he was my childhood dog, I was 5 when he came to us and I was 20 when he died (filling up now) he was the best dog ever and when he died it took me 17 years to have another dog who is my little soulmate Jasper, he's my left arm. Then Gabby came along a year ago, she is such an inquisitive, full of life little thing who can drive me to distraction (and a nervous breakdown after her recent incident the other week). I guess I love all three of them in different ways but I couldn't say which is my favourite although my little Jasper is something else .
    Andrea
    Jasper
    21/Dec/05 - 28 August 2014 my best friend, my soulmate
    Gabby 8/Nov/07,
    Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My favourite is the one that is sitting on my knee, or lying on my pillow, or making me laugh at their antics, at that particular point in time.
    I love them all for their different characters, although Monty was my dog in a lifetime.

Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Absolutely I have a favourite: Jaspar. I don't know if i will ever have a dog like him again; to me he is the perfect dog, that once in a lifetime dog. He half reads my mind and learns intuitively and is a joy. All the others I love for their own personalities but Jaspar is the special one.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lady LouLou is my special one! Out of the three she is the baby. I can't make a turn without her knowing or wondering what is the story! Just had that special connection with her from day one. She's the only one who gets up to the bedroom (now and again). And if Gerry is honest, she is his favorite too!!!
    Thelma - Willing slave to LouLou (Ruby), Bailey (Big Blen),
    Ginger Retired Momma Blen

Post Thanks / Like

Jake holds a very special place in my heart. He is my first Cavalier and my first dog in over 20 years. At two years old he had cancer, had surgery and is my little survivor, I was sure I was going to lose him. He is my soul buddy (he only has eyes for me!!)

I love my Sweet Shelby Sue. She is my perfect lovely little girl.

But....Jake does have that special place in my heart....even though he absolutely wear me out at times
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah