• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Multiple Dog Houses-Do You Have A Favourite

Brian M

Hi

Took Dawn to her Mums yesterday she lives just outside Sheffield her younger sister (Dawns not her Mums )persuaded her to move over there to enable her to better look after her ,thats a load of cobblers worst thing she ever done ,but thats a long complicated story that I try and keep out of ,she was 86 (her Mum not Dawn ) and lives in a little two bedroom bungalow ,Bob ,Dawns dad died about eight years ago .Anyway the question she asked me was "Do I have a Favourite " to which I replied.Each one of the three came to live with me at different times and for different reasons and they each have totally different unique characters so i therefore have no favourite as each one of them are The Worlds Best Cavalier King Charles Spaniel so therefore each one is my own special favourite Cavalier in The World.

So the question is Do you have a favourite and if yes or no the reasons why or why not.:):confused::D

I have a friend that periodically will ask me "which one is your favorite?" and I am floored at the question. Each one so unique, each one filling my heart in their own way-even the newest from day 1 has filled a space. :D

Interesting, Brian. Well, I have two and they are soooo different. Casey is so sweet, I just want to squeeze her to death (you know what I mean) and Ollie is a little terror, but makes me laugh so much with his antics. So, no I don't have a favorite. I get to cuddle with Casey while Ollie runs around like a crazy dog making me laugh! :)

I could never say I had a 'favourite' or that I loved any of my dogs more than any other. What I will say however is that sometimes a 'special' dog comes along who has such a massive personality that they make a tremendous, unique impact on you.

I've had 2 such Cavaliers - Misty (my very first cav back in 1988) and darling Cailean, who left us for the Bridge last month. It doesn't mean I loved them more than the others; they were just huge characters :).

This is hard my very first cavalier was a loverly dog and set me wanting more he had such a good character even though he was very ill
Rocky what can I say he was a angel loved everyone he would make a fuss
Barney he is nuts sits outside when it is windy to try to get anything that comes near him
Jazzie is not a cavalier but is my old boy
Sam:lotsaluv: *ng*l
Jake well I have never had a dog like him 99 times out of a 100 he is a dream but you must be aware that he can and does bite without warning
so no I do not have a 'favourite'
---Aileen and the gang(Barney--Jazzie---Jake)

My first ever dog was a heinz 57 (aha), he was my childhood dog, I was 5 when he came to us and I was 20 when he died (filling up now) he was the best dog ever and when he died it took me 17 years to have another dog who is my little soulmate Jasper, he's my left arm. Then Gabby came along a year ago, she is such an inquisitive, full of life little thing who can drive me to distraction (and a nervous breakdown after her recent incident the other week). I guess I love all three of them in different ways but I couldn't say which is my favourite although my little Jasper is something else :).

My favourite is the one that is sitting on my knee, or lying on my pillow, or making me laugh at their antics, at that particular point in time.
I love them all for their different characters, although Monty was my dog in a lifetime.

Margaret C

Absolutely I have a favourite: Jaspar. I don't know if i will ever have a dog like him again; to me he is the perfect dog, that once in a lifetime dog. He half reads my mind and learns intuitively and is a joy. All the others I love for their own personalities but Jaspar is the special one.

Lady LouLou is my special one! Out of the three she is the baby. I can't make a turn without her knowing or wondering what is the story! Just had that special connection with her from day one. She's the only one who gets up to the bedroom (now and again). And if Gerry is honest, she is his favorite too!!!

Jake holds a very special place in my heart. He is my first Cavalier and my first dog in over 20 years. At two years old he had cancer, had surgery and is my little survivor, I was sure I was going to lose him. He is my soul buddy (he only has eyes for me!!)

I love my Sweet Shelby Sue. She is my perfect lovely little girl.

But....Jake does have that special place in my heart....even though he absolutely wear me out at times ;)

I love each one of mine and each holds a special place in my heart for different reasons.

They each bring me joy everyday,but are all totally different.

Gus ...my first cavalier and my sensible little man.

Pippin (above).... what can I say! A little devil at times but so tiny and such a little baby, he is almost five years old and looks like a puppy(acts like one too!)

DJ...my rescue boy, a little wired at times, but such a darling.

I don't have a favourite. I adore them all.

I think the word used to for me would be "heart dog" instead of favorite. I guess there are dogs that find a special place in your heart and when they are gone, you find yourself missing them terribly. My childhood dog was like that. He was an "only dog" though...not competition. Shadow, my first wolf was definitely one of my heart dogs. Though I had four wolves, and she has been dead 7 years, I sometimes still tear up and I miss her. Pixie was definitely one of those "heart dogs". She was the first dog I "fell in love" with since Shadow died, and when Pixie died, I was so utterly unprepared. She was only 11 months old. I've never felt so angry, sad and heartbroken that I can ever remember. Right now, I am so very much in love with both Bandit and Lizzie, but not sure that either of them qualify as "heart dogs" the way Bandit, Shadow and Pixie did. I love all the "big doggies" too, but I must say that the cavaliers hold special places.

I think that with dogs, just like with people, we fall in love, and there is sometimes just "something there", a chemistry, a bond that defies explanation. What a rare and beautiful thing it is when we have that.

My litlle Riley - I think every dog should be a clone of her. Everything about her is just perfect for me. Her temperament, her affection, her looks at me, she's so quiet and unassuming - she just tugs at my heart strings. I think somebody on another post a while back called their dog their heart dog, and Riley is that. While I love and adore the others and can't imagine my life without them, Riley is the one special dog in my life.

I love both of mine equally I think. Jato was my first Cavalier, and I adore him so much that it made me want another one, so then we got Zoey 7 months later. They both have very different personalities, but I love that about them. Jato is my boy...follows me everywhere! Zoey always wants to see what I'm doing, but is content watching from a connecting room. They are both amazing- you can tell I'm in love with them. :lotsaluv:

Hi and Thanks

Even though its Monday morning and I am at work I hop on and off the forum at very regular intervals and its so very heart warming to read all those amazing posts from members ,smashing reading ,can we have lots more please.:):D:)

Over the years a number of dogs n cats have joined me for a time. I cant say I have a favourite, but each and every one has been 'special' to me and I remember them for their own 'special' characteristics.

Sheena, my 1st Cav was a mis marked B/T - special cos she was a living breathing hot water bottle. She never had pups of her own, but happily shared Mistys litter (even coming into milk to feed them!!) She was never more than 6" away, and died peacefully in her sleep with her head on my Fathers feet.

Misty was my 1st Show girl (never got more than 3rd) and was Mum to Beau and Chebbie. Shes Special cos she gave me my first litter and was such a sweetie.

Beau was a really handsome dog, another love bucket.When I disbanded he went to live with an Aunt n Uncle to be spoiled rotten by them.

Chebbie (short for Cherub) was so pretty, a really feminine little girl with the sweetest nature.

Tammy was a Shih tzu I had from 24 hours old.I bought her for 2p - hence the nickname Tammy Tuppence. She never realised she was a dog, and would eat only human food, and then only if it came off your plate! She had the sweetest nature, but once during a burgulary she chased the burgular all the way to the high street with our neighbour in hot pursuit - the Cavs elected to stay behind!

Amber is a real sweetie and Bobby has such a kind loving nature.

Therefore no favourites, but each one very special to me.

Diane xx

I have a definate favourite, but I'm not going to post who incase they read it!

There is no doubt that of all the pets I've had in my life Mindy is my heart dog. She is my first Cavalier. We were infatuated with each other from the first time we laid eyes on each other. Like Karlin's Jasper she is so intuitive. I've often thought she could read my mind.

Max is 100% fun. I had forgotten how much fun it was to have a puppy in the house. He reminds me of the Tasmanian Devil because he is usually going at full speed or crashed out napping. While Mindy is in love with me there is no doubt that Max is in love with Mindy. He views her as a playmate, protector (which I find hilarious) and preferred pillow. He seems to be a very intuitive learner as well and is very eager to please. He has been in our lives for less than two months and I can't imagine not having him.

Brotymo - we were defintely on the same wavelength at the same time thinking about our "heart" dogs! Well said.

Well said!!! I love the term "heart" dog....perfect!

Back