Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 mths Male~Lincolnshire

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad it wasnt just me then!! But hey i even had to read the book before my home visit Seriously tho i feel really sorry for Bracken, i hope they find someone suitable for him soon..

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous Bracken is still on the site, still looking poor lad
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

yep was looking at him earlier, from what you have all have said when applying for him I don't think he will ever get a home apart from a worker from the rescue. No one can match would match what they want?
    Davy, SiānE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like

I know Davy its so sad isnt it, ive avoided looking in on the site until tonight cos i knew id be upset if he was still there-that must be 5months by now.
    On a more positive note tho his notes have been changed to say theyve worked on his issues
    I just hope he finds his forever home soon
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

what a handsome fellow. Poor guy. It is a shame that the former owners didn't deal properly with the guarding issues. I have noticed Bandit getting more possessive of high value treats (like bully sticks), and my children told me he growled at one of them, which I wasn't there to witness, when they tried to take one from him (they didn't know what he had and was afraid it was something dangerous) and so I have been cutting some bites of steak or chicken up, and then giving him his bully stick. Then I will go to him and tell him "drop it" and when he gives it to me, I give him the chicken or steak and then return the bully stick. I repeat this several times during his time with the treat. It is helping. I told the children to never take something from him without first getting something really good from the refrigerator and doing the "drop it" trade off. I don't ever want to provoke a snap or further growl and reinforce that behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper will growl and lunge at other animals that approach when he's got a long-lasting treat, like a rawhide bone but so long as he will give them up to me, I don't see a problem. What normal animal wouldn't want to guard his 'sweeties?? I just make sure he's on his own when he has them, and feed animals separately as a matter of common sense.
    Mum of Jasper Heidi Spiky Pixie Pudding Minnie Butterbean Bubbles Jamie & Tesni & baby Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

There lose.his gain.

Post Thanks / Like

Their loss,his gain.