• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newbie From St. Louis Missouri area here....

AliceAbbyBellaDaphne

Hello all, my name is Tawna and I live in the St. Louis area with my herd. :)
My husband and I have been married 14.5 years and we have a daughter who just turned 13 and a son who just turned 11. We just got a bleinhiem Cavalier puppy right before Christmas. The breeder let her go at 6 weeks, which I know is frowned upon, but I worked for a vet for years and I have raised dogs as young as 5 weeks before so I at least have some experience... She was born 11/9/08, so she'll be 10 weeks on Sunday. Her name is Alice, she is a very adorable, wonderful loving puppy as they all seem to be, the more I read about them! We had touble naming her.... My ID name here is all of her names..... my daughter wanted Alice (after a character in the new Twlight movie) , I wanted Abby, I kept accidentally calling her Bella for some reason, and she is very fast like the character Daphne from the TV show Heros, if you watch that show and know how fast Daphne is, well, then you understand how fast our Cavalier can move as well! She has been doing very well with housebreaking, the key seems to be to take her out every 45 min to an hour! We have a herd of other pets here and Alice adores them all. We have our 4 cats: Jax (obese Himi mix, 5 years old), Calvin (orange tabby about 3 years old), Sasha (one eyed pure bred Maine Coon, about 2 years old), and Jonas (yes after the Jonas Brothers, he is about 9 months old, a bright orange /white tabby, thought to be part Maine Coon.) Jonas befriended Alice right away, layed with his paw on her from the very first night and plays with her all the time, Alice adores Jonas! We also have our canine herd: Jake (8 year old Westie), Jesse (4 year old Schnoodle), Carly (3 year old Goldendoodle) and Ruby (2 year old Irish Setter, my husbands pride and joy, she is a beautiful dog with show/champ bloodlines). So far Carly plays with Alice the most, she has plenty of energy to keep up with her! And yes, 5 dogs is probably too many but they are all indoor dogs that are very spoiled, trips to the groomers, dog park, monthly heartworm pills, Frontline, thay have a toy bin full of toys, etc, etc!:eek:
Two things I am curious about....

1. Does anyone out there have a cav that looks like mine? I have seen a couple in books, Alice is mostly all white on her face, she doesn't have the "raccoon mask" that they are supposed to. We loved her white face, although I'm sure it's considered a fault in the show ring we think she's adorable!

2. Are there any other Cav owners in the St. Louis area who get together at all? (If you live near please please let me know!!!)

Well, now I've stayed up way past my bedtime....;)

Goodnightcavtiny

Hi Tawna icon_welcome

It sounds as if you are a very busy lady.
Some pictures :snap: please.

Pic of Alice?

OK, so I did set up a pic of Alice that will hopefully appear with my name on this post but I have no idea how to insert one into the post - my husband is much more computer savy than I and he is out of town, in Los Angeles on business while we've had two of the coldest days of the year here in Missouri, lucky guy....:rolleyes:

Hi Tawna and welcome to the board.
My dog lucie doesnt have the full mask on her face....the mask includes one of her eyes and not the other and she has no blenhiem spot on top of her head....but she is just adorable anyway and is a pet not a show dog.
I love her to bits anyway :)
get some pics up of ur lot...cant wait to see them all :)

Hi! I am from St. Louis (Maryland Heights). I go back from time to time to visit family. I was just there over New Years visiting some family in Warrenton & Troy.

Can't wait to see pics of your pup!!! I've seen half-masked Cavaliers before, but never one without a mask. I agree with you, who cares if they look like the breed standard? If you're not going to show I actually prefer the individuality of the mismarked ones. I love the white fur on my rubies. :flwr:

Hi Lani

Do you ever go to the dog park in Wentzville? We take our dogs there sometimes when the weather is nice (not recently!) and we plan to take Alice there when she is a little older and when it is warmer out.... I'm excited to go to the little dog area. :) I have read about how to post pics but still haven't figured it out yet.....

icon_welcome I also had a hard time posting pics! Pauline was a big help! I used Flickr to set up an album, then posted from there. Good luck! Can't wait to see your beautiful baby! I am not too far from you.. just over here it good ole' Arkansas! Glad to see more USA cavs showing up on this amazing forum! Lots of info available from these wonderful, caring people from all over the world! Enjoy!:D

Back