Thread: Small red lump

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small red lump

My OH noticed a small red inflamed lump on Lois's belly this afternoon. It's like a pea size lump just above her lady parts quite close to one of her nipples. Has anyone experienced this with their cav? Otherwise she is happy, playful and eating and drinking well. I will take her to the vet on Monday to get her checked out.
    Sally (Blenheim) 01/02/07
    Lois (Tricolour) 25/09/08

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is probably nothing much, cavaliers can develop odd harmless lumps.
    If I was you I would get it checked out as cavalier bitches can develop mammary tumours, and the sooner they are dealt with the better.

Let us know what the vet says.

Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like

It could be an umbilical hernia - our eldest has one and it looks just like an outie belly button - his was picked up at 8 weeks though. Causes him no bother, so we are leaving it as it is for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Took Lois to the vet today and there's nothing to worry about and it's almost disappeared. We already know about Lois having an umbilical hernia which will be fixed when she is spayed. The little lump was a separate thing but glad its nothing to worry about. Lois has almost doubled in weight too she weighs 3.95kg!! She was only 2kg at 8 weeks. Does this weight sound about average? Lois is nearly 4 months. She is coming along great with her training and can sit and sometimes lie down. She's a lovely little girl and we're totally besotted with her and Sally our Blenheim
    Sally (Blenheim) 01/02/07
    Lois (Tricolour) 25/09/08