• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Board statistics: how many visit CavalierTalk?

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I've compiled some 2008 statistics for the board, for people who are interested in such things. :cool: Numbers all automatically exclude search engine spiders and spambots.

For 2008:

Total unique visitors for the year: 140,043
Total visits to the board: 432,215
Quietest month: February 2008, with 9,493 unique visitors
Busiest month: August 2008, with 14,266 unique visitors
Average bandwidth monthly: 8GB
Average visits to the board per day: over 1000 (1074 in December 08 )
Top four countries for visits: 1) US; 2) Great Britain; 3) Ireland; 4) Canada

For Jan 2009:

Average daily visits: 1,170
Total visits this month so far: 22,230
% of people who add CavalierTalk to their favourites list: 75.7%

My schedule is full besides being sick for 6 months. Still manage to log to keep updated on the comings and goings here on CT.

I had to look up what "unique visitor" was. A unique visitor is a statistic describing a unit of traffic to a Web site, counting each visitor only once in the time frame of the report. So by this if the timeframe was a year it wouldn't matter how many times I visited during that year for I would be recorded as 1 unique visitor.

Cool Karlin!! Thanks for making the board so great that over 140,000 people visited it last year!! cl*p

I use Google Analytics for stuff at work so I'm familiar with all these kinds of numbers. :lol:

Yes... I, too, am addicted to CT. I know admitting you have a problem is the first step, but I don't think I need help!!!LOL:rolleyes:hehe!:badgrin:

HI Karlin

Congratulations to you and a big thank you for providing such a product that gives so many people such an informative and entertaining website that personally without my daily fix (more like fixes ) I doubt if I could sleep at night.
As an example last weekend I met three lots of people who I didn't know before but because they each had Cavaliers with them we seemed drawn to each other and engaged in general Cavalier chat (can we not put some Cavaliers in the UN and the like ,its a sure way of getting people talking to each other ) and off course before departing I warmly informed them of your website and secured a promise from each that they would look and join .
Yes I definitely think we should have King Charles Cavalier Spaniels as special U N peace envoys world wide.:):):)

I`m addicted having only recently found this forum, we have also struck up conversations with lots people because we have a cavalier, we have met a lot of people who say, we have got one, or used to, or that they love those dogs, they certainly attract people.:luv:

As I have been of work for the last nine month I had plenty of time to read all the posts and I am amazed at the amount of knowledge I have gained (especially in regards of health issues) It’s great how friendly all the people are on here and that everybody genuinely cares about other peoples dogs and their owners.
Soon I will start my new job and I will develop withdrawal symptoms if I can only log on in the evening.

Back