• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Archies op today.

Justine

Just dropped him off,glands being removed and one of his dew claws removed.Bless.Will be picking him up tonite.

All done,glands done and claw done,hes back in 8 days.Hopefully the op on glands means we wont have any more probs with infections,not sure what the success rate is on that proceedure.Perhaps someone will tell me.Next on the list is his private parts.

Pauline,its his bottom glands.He keeps getting infections even though they are squeezed reg.I hope this will stop all the infections.Do you know.

Oh silly me, of course, his anal glands. I have no idea, Dylan's are fine, he doesn't need them expressed either.

Aww bless,its was my fault i didnt write properly.Alfs had to be done every 6 weeks,although he never had any infections.Archie seems to suffer with it more.

I have had 2 Cavaliers that had their anal glands removed. Both were absolutely fine afterwards. The only problem I encountered with one of them was, because of the constant bottom scooting she then suffered the itch, scratch, itch syndrome which was successfully cured with a steroid cream rubbed onto her bottom twice daily:eek:
Have to say both these dogs had their anal glands removed several years
ago in the early 80's and since then touch wood have not had the same problems. Hope all goes well with post op care.

Nanette

Just thinking about Archie. Wondering how he is doing. My grandaughter who is 15 months old and lives 2800 miles from us was here for 8 days--they left this past sunday. Anyways, our new addition--Bentley-kept taking her dang paci and running outside with it--lol. He loved that thing. She also had this small bear blanket and son of a gun he kept taking that too and I was so afraid he was going to chew it up. Geesh. Anyways, hubby is out now getting a paci for him to see if we can get a picture of him. lol. He probably won't want it now that he can have it. lol. Keep us posed how Archie is doing.

Rough nite,he woke me barking loudly,opened the cage he shot out abd ran to the back door,let him out and he got sick and tried to go to poos.Clever boy.So when he settled i gave him a pain killer.He went to sleep after that.hes fine this morning.It will take a couple of days to settle.

Back