Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparky frightened the be-jesus out of me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sparky frightened the be-jesus out of me!

Last night Sparky frightened the living cr@p out of me. He's been very good (training wise) & I thought I had recall sorted with him - he's good when I call him in the house & in the park.

Clearly I was wrong.

Last night I went out the front to put water in my car & Sparks as allways comes to the front door & I shut the porch door so he can still see me but isnt loose, then Mark came out to me & Sparky followed, then walked to the back of my car - I called he & he legged it accross the road! I was still calling hiom but he could see people in the distance & was having none of it - he went across 2 roads (not main ones & no cars fortunatly!!) & when he got to the people luckily they could see me running along behind & caught hold of his collar.

My poor heart was almost out of my chest with fear as there are some assh*les that like to rally cars round my estate & have almost hit kids - I could just imagine one coming round the corner & Sparks wouldnt have had a chance.

When I got hold of him I didnt know whether to yell at him or kiss him! (so I took him back in & ignored him for a while which he didnt like at all!)
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I had recall sorted with him - he's good when I call him in the house & in the park.
    I will never trust any cavalier for recall.Daisy seems to be good,until she has a mind to follow my husband or take after a cat.When a cat appears she loses all reason!
    Thankfully someone caught Sparky for you.they can really put the heart crossways in you.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Dont trust a cav.My mum has dementia,they were over last June.She opened the FRONT door and sent Alfs out.She thought the front was the back garden.I had to run after him.So dont trust a Cav or a woman with dementia.Thats my thought for today.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh you must have got a real fright Sonia!

I have a bit of OCD I think when it comes to doors in our house I always have to make sure the dogs are in a closed room before I even entertain the idea of opening the front door. Millie gave us a fright once or twice and I have learned from then!
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

It was scary,i was washing up,i could see her,but i didnt think she would do it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am usualy a bit OCD about the doors, but obviuosly was a bit complacient about the dogs being well trained & obeying me! - Wont happen again - the door will be firmly shut with the dogs on the other side! - Ive learnt my lesson 110%! Trouble is that he's just too damn friendly! Cass would never have moved from my side - although saying that she was fast asleep in her bed aftr a heavy playing session with Sparky!

Oh Justine that must have been awfull for you - at least I only had a loose dog to contend with!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

They really are something aren't they!!!

You must have got such a fright!

I am obsessive about doors too and I nearly have a nervous breakdown when visitors come to stay! Most of them forget about the doggies when they go to the door.

Far and wide can be heard my cries of..MIND THE DOGS! or CLOSE THE DOOR!!!!

We have had a few 'frights' too with escaping dogs.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I am obsessive about doors too and I nearly have a nervous breakdown when visitors come to stay!
    hahaha! I thought I was the only onle that thought that!
    I especially hate it when the visitors look at you (with that chilled out/complacent look on their faces ) like your completely neurotic and paranoid over a door being opened!!
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

The little scamp. You must have gotten an awful fright.

I'm a bit OCD about the doors also, many a person has been left stood outside the front door while I round up the doggies.

My OH works for the emergency services and when his alerter goes off he's only concerned with getting out as fast as possible. I'm always terrified the dogs will get out. Thankfully they haven't tried it yet, I think the loud beeping distracts them
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Sonia, thank goodness Sparky was safely retrieved. I can imagine how you felt as it has happened to me in the past, although not with Rufus or Toby. I used to have a Welsh Springer who was very willful, not to mention artful at finding ways to escape - I can still recall the sick feeling when she was loose and I was in hot pursuit.

I am paranoid about not letting Toby or Rufus out by accident and I never let them off the lead anywhere near a road. Toby is pretty good and never goes far from me, but Rufus, despite a gold star at training classes, is an airhead the moment he sees a cat or rabbit - selective hearing or what!
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.