Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlie

Thank you, yes we have been back again to the vets & he has given a cortisone cream for his throat & increased the dose of Gabapentin , to calm him until his thoat improves.Its a great shame he has had this reaction. Hopefully over the weekend , things will improve. I do appreciate being able to talk about all this with people who understand. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan had a spinal tap at the same time as his scan and he was very sore after. I felt the same as you and wondered if I done the right thing. I wanted the MRI done but I had the choice about the spinal tap and had to sign release papers as there were some risks.

He started his Gabapentin and took Rymadil for 3 weeks. The day he came off the Rymadil, you could see he was in pain, from the spinal tap I'd say. Though I don't like Rymadil, I do give Dylan it sometimes but my vet said it's better to give for 3 days in a row rather than one off pills here and there.

It took a while but he got over it so hang in there. He also needed time to get used to the drugs, Gabapentin made him very drowsy at first, still does now for a while after I give the pill. But now he is quite good on it.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Gloria - after Tilly's scan/spinal tap/bloodwork she was really poorly for a few days. All of her SM symptoms seemed to increase and she was really uncomfortable - took about a week for her to look and feel her pre MRI self. Charlie has been through a real ordeal - now Im SO glad I went through with the MRI and we can give Tilly the right meds - not knowing would (I think) eat away at you. Hang in there sweetie - thinking of you x

Post Thanks / Like

Gloria:

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry and we are in the same boat--we found out less than 2 days ago that our Abbey has sm. The last few days is a fog. Just trying to take it hour by hour and figure this all out. Again hugs to you and I know the right people are contacting you like they are me.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlie

Thank you SO much. Going to bed now--hes much calmer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlie

Just an update-- Charlie has been good on the Gabapentin, it seems to work quite quickly, about 10 mins. His neck continues to bother him & doesnt look good at all. I have been back to the Vet several times as his leg where he was shaved also reacted badly.The Vet has noted on his file that he must not be shaved again. Charlie is being so good , he lets me bathe his poor neck without flinching & seems to find it soothing.Hes on 2x100 mg three times a day of the Gabapentin & for the moment that seems to suit him fine. Good luck to everyone else coping with this dreadful illness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So glad he's improving. Give him an extra hug from us.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)