• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Complete love!

Izzycam

I am a new member on here but am so glad I found this site, It's nice to see like minded people,
I have had my dog for about three years and in that time she has shown me complete love!!!
I would have laughed if someone had told me a dog would bring me so much happiness a few years ago.
I only have to look at her to think ahhhhh!
I am not a sad , lonely person (I have a lovely family who I adore) but my little flossie is a great joy,
Does anyone else on here think that their standard of living has been enriched by the little tinkers?

Ditto

ditto...ditto and ditto
"I would have laughed if someone had told me a dog would bring me so much happiness a few years ago. "

family and friends thought that our announcement of our new puppy Josh was some sort of joke as I was voted 'last person to ever own a dog'...they came over to see with their own eyes and are still 'jaw's gaping' open when they come over and see the joy that this pup has brought to our family

One little canine has transformed our entire family in too many ways to share...our only hope is that this pup will live a LONG life with us, cuz our love for him is HUGE!!!! :lotsaluv:

Oh my gosh....I totally agree!!!! I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I'd be the owner of 2 dogs. We have always had a cat, just because they are "easier" to take care of. The one we have now is not very affectionate, and now that my 2 children are grown, I wanted something to snuggle with. After much research, along came our first Cavalier! (y) He is amazing- just what I needed. We found ourselves fighting over him, we all wanted to play and snuggle with him at the same time. :D Soooooo, 7 months later we got another one! :jump: I can't imagine my life without them. :lotsaluv:

I couldn't agree more.
The most devastating event I have suffered in a long time, maybe ever, was the death of my sweet Pixie. Even my divorce (where I was left after 13 years of marriage) didn't hurt as much. Losing Pixie was excrutiating.
Some of my most joyful times were spent with her, and now I am so completely taken by Bandit and Lizzie. They can bring a smile on the worst days.:lotsaluv: I worry way too much about them probably due to what happened to Pixie. I just can't bear the thought of something happening to them.

I cannot imagine a life without these darlings. Have owned them for over 30 years and they have put love, joy and happiness in my life. Would put my life on the line for them they have given me so much. That's why I get upset when I read of the suffering some of these dogs go through when suffering from MVD, Syringmyelia etc.

Nanette

Murphy my 8 month old puppy is my Sunshine, the light of my life. He has also been my son of consolation after losing my other cavvie after 12 years.

We can never replace them, but he has certainly softened the blow and it feels like he has been here much longer than two months.

Dan, who is in his 13th year is my Golden Oldie and I hope he will be here for more years to come. He is happy and healthy with a sound heart. I'm very blessed.

The joy and happiness that these dogs bring into our lives is very special.

Oh my gosh, I know what you mean. These dogs are just the most endearing, loving, snuggley bugs that I have ever experienced! I truly believe that this breed just lives to love! :luv:

Even my husband who really wanted another lab or large dog has fallen utterly under the spell of our girls. They truly fill our hearts and our empty nest since our human kids have grown and moved away from home.

OMG, my daughter feels we love our little Maddy more than our grandkids!
We have never ever had a dog we bonded with so quickly.
What a joy our Maddy is and what fun she has brought to our lives.
My husband is retired, and I was planning on retiring and then doing a round the world trip.
My husband said "if you get this dog, you will not be able to do the trip".
I said "no problem.". This was my dream. But Maddy is worth it. A round the world trip is a few months of excitement and travel. Maddy is 12-13 years (hopefully) of love every day.
Pam

my son has always said that he only likes big dogs - no little ones for him. Then along came Emmie and he lost his heart. Every time he comes over I catch him sneaking her a cookie!

my son has always said that he only likes big dogs - no little ones for him. Then along came Emmie and he lost his heart

Just like my husband Graham! When I said I wanted to get a Cavalier to keep my Welsh Springer company he said ok, but without much enthusiasm. But the moment Toby arrived it all changed! Cuddles, fuss....and now he says he couldn't be without a Cavalier or two.

My dogs are part of my life and I couldn't imagine life without them. From the moment I get up in the morning to be greeted by wagging tails, to a bad day when they cheer me up they are a great source of joy. Non-doggy people can't understand this, but I think it is a wonderful gift :lotsaluv:

I totally agree with all of you! We tend to call our cavaliers Fontex and Prozac, they are the most happy, joy-bringing creatures you can ever imagine :luv:

I totally agree with everyone, Jasper is the first dog we have had as a family, although I was always brought up with dogs, I am just besotted with him, he is always there when things have gone wrong, I can`t imagine life without a dog we try and include him with everything we do.:luv:

10 years ago, our beloved 16 yr old cocker spaniel Taffy died of a stroke. OH said, "No more dogs, my heart can't take another one." So for 10 years, we had a shelter cat, Miss Pearl. She passed away last spring after a brief illness, and as empty nesters, I've been lonesome ever since. I've been mentioning getting a dog since last summer, but never dreamed he'd agree. My son texted his dad just before holiday break and said, "There's nothing mom would love more than a puppy for Christmas", and just before Christmas, OH said, let's get a cavalier puppy. I was ecstatic. Rudy is nearly 6 mos old now - a rescue with a broken tail who has totally mended 2 long ago broken hearts.:lotsaluv:

I totally understand. When hubby and I first married 35 years ago we had our first baby--a female siberian husky. She was our daughter. Man I loved that dog. She lived for about 11-12 years --I'd have to figure it out. Anyways when she passed I had two small kids and less time and plus our hearts were broken. It was close to ten years before we got another dog too so I totally understand. Now 7 years ago my 11 year old shih tzu passed away and I was in horrible shape--couldn't even function--I think probably because my kids were grown and gone and didn't work outside the home so in a sense I didn't have to leave the house. I was soooo lost. I talked to my vet which I have a close relationship to and said I wanted to get another dog--she said it won't replace Sandy--I said I know and we both decided I needed dogs in my life. We then got Winston which has been a joy so I have done both things--couldn't get one and then got another one shortly after. Now I have the attitude that these little fur balls brings so much joy into our lives that no matter how long they live that we are truly blessed to have the joy that they gave us. Enjoy your baby as I know you are!!! btw we're in Georgia--we used to keep a boat at Dataw Marina which is near Beaufort. How far from there are you. Aiken sounds familiar I think.

We had two big dogs and they were with us for 15 years. After that my Husband said no more dogs. We managed for two years and then my old next door neighbour got her first cavalier and we were in love. It was a year later when she got her second cavalier that we got the sister. My old next door neighbours were definitly not animal people and I was shocked when I heard they got a dog. Between us we now got six dogs (Three each). I must say it has changed their lives and it definitly has changed ours. I could not imagine my live without them. They lift my mood when I feel down, and the things they do brings a smile to my face every day. I try to plan everything so they are included in everything we do. I always loved Holidays abroad and wanted to go back to America and also see Canada but I would hate to leave them. We just rent a cottage in Scotland or Norfolk every year so the doggies can come with us. When I had to go home last year for two weeks I was texting my breeder twice a day for an update on how my babies were doing.
My friends that don’t own dogs can’t understand that you can feel so much love for a dog. I always say they don’t know what they are missing out on.:lotsaluv:

btw we're in Georgia--we used to keep a boat at Dataw Marina which is near Beaufort. How far from there are you. Aiken sounds familiar I think.

Linda, Aiken is just across the Georgia border in S.C by Augusta, GA. I used to live outside of Augusta, and the radio stations there refer to that area as Aiken-Augusta.

Yes, Aiken is well known in the equestrian world. We attract horse enthusiasts from all disciplines. Very sandy soil (good footing for horses) and far away enough from the coast that we don't worry about hurricanes. It is about as far west in SC as you can go ... but still a short drive to the beach. We kept a sailboat at Hilton Head for several years, then my son got active in soccer (or football as our folks from across the pond refer to it) and so much for our relaxing weekends at the coast. I miss those quiet evenings on the boat - the stars seem so much closer than when at home. We still spend get-away weekends at Edisto, Hilton Head, Savannah and Charleston when we can. Rudy's gonna love the beach! Planning a trip to Edisto in 2 weeks!

Well! thank you for your lovely replies....your dog's are absolutely adorable.
What do you love most about your dog's...
My favourite's are...
The way she follows me around..even to the ladies room!
When I go for a nap, she rests her head right up by my face with her paws in front.
When I give her a row she looks so sad..as if she's soooo hurt...the little monkey.
When she rolls over, completely upside down waiting for a tickle.
When I mention the word "Scooby Snacks" she runs around and around in circles.....
I must stop ....Ha!Ha!

Hi izzycam

I am sorry to say there is no known cure for you ,you are totally smitten and under their spell ,they have won again as they always do so my only advice to try and save you and help you is TO GET ANOTHER ONE cos they are bootifull and i totally agree with every thing you say about them ,how did I survive before I met them I must have been a miserable selfish sod ,but not now:):):)

Back