• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sleeping Arrangements

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to thank all of you for your support and advice and also to give you an update...we did it! The dogs no longer sleep with us. It's been about 2 weeks, and the first few nights they made a little noise and I honestly think Miles waited up all night at our sliding door hoping he would be let in. In the morning they greeted me like I had been away on vacation for weeks! I was starting to worry about Miles because I could tell he was restless and not sleeping at night, and he started to sleep ALL day because he was so tired from the night before.

Well, I think they've really adjusted and are now quietly and soundly sleeping on their own. When I woke up this morning I was really quiet and snuck out into the living room to find that they had both crawled into the crate they share and were sound asleep! :) We are sleeping much better too, and although I miss cuddling with them at night it is definitely better for all of us if they are not in bed. So THANK YOU for all of the advice, it worked and we all really appreciate it!

Glad it worked out for you.

I love my boys and like nothing better than a cuddle in bed when I lie on for a while on days off work or if I am sick in bed,or just go there to watch TV... BUT... I could not have them sleep all night on my bed,they have always slept in the kitchen. We tried it one night and they kept us awake half the night between snoring,moving around,taking over the bed and hopping up and down for a drink!

Maybe one wouldn't be bad but when three do it at different times,then it goes on half the night.

It must have been a worry to you changing their routine so glad they have settled.

Congrats! It really doesn't take very long even with dogs that seem to be a possible challenge... the biggest problem is giving in during the training transition which teaches them that fussing will sometimes get a response.

Maybe one wouldn't be bad but when three do it at different times,then it goes on half the night.

Yes same here. If people are heavy sleepers too I am sure then there are no problems. But I am a light sleeper and I was constantly being woken up and having to fall back to sleep. Even with just Jaspar -- as I'd consider keeping just him upstairs -- he shifts around in and out of the covers and after a trial night I had him back downstairs. They sleep two and two to a crate and now all fly into their crates when I say "crates!" for their bedtime biscuit. They are quiet while I get up and feed the cats and get some initial stuff done, too -- then I let them out and we go for a morning walk. It makes the morning so much easier.

My sleeping has improved 500% and because I get good quality sleep, I need about an hour less a night as well. I do miss having Jaspar upstairs as he is very quiet but getting them out of my room at night is the single best thing I have done to improve MY quality of life! :lol:

Back