Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavalier club in turmoil

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Cavalier club in turmoil

Have just read the news section in this week's Dog World.

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/Breeds/Bre...spx?nodeID=264

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting reading Nanette. Some good replies too.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You could use the UK CKCS Club as a textbook study in how to execute a PR disaster.

The notion too that you can resign then un-resign -- what an interesting sort of making up the rules as you go along! Generally in the Real World, where normal people do normal things, and rules actually mean rules you run your club by, not 'whatever suits us this week as an interpretation', if you have formally resigned (and especially, made a big fat hoo-hah about it with a public announcement on your club website), you need to actually go forward and stand again, not un-resign your resignation. Unless the whole thing was a big fake-out because members are not beneath manipulating the larger club membership in this ridiculous way (see first point...).

Really, if this club doesn't want to continue as a public laughing-stock, they really do need people to stand again for those roles, not skulk back in. But I suspect they fear some might not be re-elected.

And after all this is the club that has now put forward Pedigree Dogs Exposed 'star' Beverly Costello to judge two shows; yes, that is right, the same woman who is now BANNED from registering puppies under her own Beauella affix by the Kennel Club in the UK for refusing to respond to complaints that in violation of CKCS Club ethics rules (those pesky, pesky rules apparently freely open to Club interpretation, remember!) she knowingly bred a dog that has SM and which she was told by a neurologist not to breed, ever.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

this is the club that has now put forward Pedigree Dogs Exposed 'star' Beverly Costello to judge two shows;
    Really? Why don't they get her to stand as Club health rep while they're at it?

Post Thanks / Like

Good one, Sins! It's the old "don't do as I do,do as I say" and the rules, for some, have a lot of room.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Found this good reading on the "infamous" Terrierman site today

No Tolerance for Diversity is the heading

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Margaret I know has done the only good thing in all of this by not accepting the nomination because SHE has the Breed welfare at heart and is not interested in the politics as these officers clearly are.
    I am just worried that health issues will not be tackled effeciently without Margaret on the committee, and I certainly agree that this club is in turmoil but it has been all their own doing.

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

The vitriol, and venom that some of the posters use on DW, never ceases to amaze me, with some of these people it's always a b****y blame game, and they claim to be interested in the breed....when all they really want is to appear controversial, there is 1 poster in particular, who really winds me up, I have complained numerous times to DW, and the fact that this person is still alowed to spout there aggressive nonsence is a disgrace....they claim to be Scottish......and if it's true.....well it makes me ashamed to be scottish!!!!!!!

I can never understand when there are people such as Margeret and others, who only want what is best for the breed, and for things to progress........

Yet they can't progress as.....there are some incredibly small minded people trying to hinder them at every turn.

R.
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And they are spreading ridiculous rumours as well that some key club members know is not the case and make no attempt to correct.

Meanwhile the UK Club is actually trying to get money donated from other international clubs to fund their £8000 PR agency!!

From the latest Canadian Club newsletter. No surprise who sent out the letter and the begging bowl!

Mavis Holub and Norma Moffat read a letter from Veronica Hull, Telvara Cavaliers UK, asking for international help. The Cavalier Club in the UK is working on hiring a PR firm at the cost of 8,000 pounds, to help combat the negative publicity our breed has taken from the video, Pedigree Dogs Exposed. Discussion followed. Mavis Holub made a motion to recommend to the board, to send 150. Pounds to the UK to help with the cost of the PR, seconded by Norma Moffat. All in favor. A notice will be sent to the board members asking for their approval. One of the suggestions was to hold an on line auction to help raise funds after our initial donation.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh my! Just gotta love the little group (a subset of the CKCS club) who have created much, much more negative publicity for themselves than either PDE or anyone besides themselves ever could.

The near total lack of self awareness of this group is so astounding to me! How many times have they accused others of breed and breeder bashing, destroying the breed, etc. - for the simple fact that many others believe that health testing and following research-based protocols is the way to improve CKCS breed health.

None of the group has come to the realization that they, their own little group, is who the criticism is aimed at. Not the *breed*, not *all breeders*, but specifically the very breeders who would rather cover up their mistakes than 'fess up and start doing the right thing!

The behavior of these folks is sooooo abnormal - I daresay they couldn't get away with it in any other situation except as the 'leaders' of such a dysfunctional club. This is how spoiled, manipulative children behave - not mature, honorable adults.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)