• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good news at the vets

*Pauline*

As I am always the bearer of bad news I thought I'd post some good news for a change!

Dylan had his jabs today (just the triple, having lepto and kennel cough next week) and a tear test. The tear test came back perfect, in fact, it shot up to 14 in 30 seconds and it's a minute test. 14 is what we wanted, it went a bit higher. :rah: So I'm taking Margaret's advice and cleaning eyes after every walk.

We met a nice B&T in the park afterwards. On a previuos occation, I met the owners of the B&T's sister (y)with her 13 year old ruby so that was nice. Dylan was so tired when we got home, he curled up to sleep in the bath when I wanted to wash his paws but he's demanding a game of fetch right now so I better go!!!

Oh, I nearly forgot, the vet said his heart sounds very good. :D:D:D

GREAT NEWS Pauline....for both u and Dylan.:jump:
Glad there is nothing going on with Dylans eyes and fab news that his heart sounds good.
Lets hope it continues.x

Yes good news cheers us all up. So glad Dylan can get back to enjoying his walks with his problem solved. Hope his improved health continues.He sounds on top form.

:rah: Great news Pauline - about time something went right for you. Dry eye isn't the end of the world, but with all the other things it would be just one more that you could do without.

Enjoy your game with Dylan :dogwlk:

Pauline, that is good news. :rah:

I notice sometimes when Minnie gets back from walks, especially when its cold, her eyes are very runny and are mucky the next day. I just wash them round with saline solution (what you get for contact lenses) and that seems to sort them out.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!! Glad for you. My shih tzu has dry eyes and is on meds for the rest of his life so glad you don't have to deal with that.

After everything you two have been through, you were certainly due some good news. Very pleased for you BOTH.

Awww thanks everyone. It's nice to know you understand how pleased I am. We have been waiting since October to get the vaccines done as he has had one problem after another.

Brilliant news Pauline :rah:.
Jaspers eyes are always clean, but just recently his eyes have been a little runny and mucky, I guess it is to do with this cold winter we are having.

:hug:to you and your apple dumpling :D.

Hi

Well done Dylan plus Pauline as well ,you take very good care of yourself Dylan cos you ar a very special little
Cavalier.:):)

That is wonderful news, Pauline!

I was curious, though about the lepto shot he is getting. Does your vet recommend this one? Our vet does not even give lepto to many breeds including any toy breeds due to the high risk of bad reactions. You would have to actually request it.
Our breeder said "absolutely no lepto or coronavirus" vaccine as well.
I guess it depends on the risks where you are, but I wondered what your vet's recommendations for vaccines was.

I was curious, though about the lepto shot he is getting. Does your vet recommend this one? Our vet does not even give lepto to many breeds including any toy breeds due to the high risk of bad reactions. You would have to actually request it.
Our breeder said "absolutely no lepto or coronavirus" vaccine as well.
I guess it depends on the risks where you are, but I wondered what your vet's recommendations for vaccines was.

It's standard here, he has the lepto shot every year. I didn't know of any reactions, he's always been fine. As for coronavirus, without looking it up, that's kennel cough isn't it? We have a boarding kennel in the next road to us and kennel cough is an airborne virus. I don't want to take the risk with that one. (y)

Coronavirus isn't kennel cough. That is bordetella. The kennel cough shot is short-lived which is why most boarding places want you to have had the shot in the previous 6 months.
Coronavirus is something else.

Back