• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poll: Change or keep a rescue's original name?

Please choose a name:

• Pepper (original name)

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Winston (new name)

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
I agree with Sins, as it depends on what situation the dog has come from. In our case, "Claire" was taken from a Missouri puppy mill and the name was just given to her as an ID from Lucky Star rescue, to keep track of the dogs paperwork while in vetting and foster care. We loved the name and it suited her to a tee so we kept it. Had she been named something goofy like "Stinky McGee", I suspect we probably would have changed it to something easier to live with.:D

I think it is probably your preference in the end. With all of the love he'll receive, he'll probably respond to pretty much anything. He is still relatively young, so training with a few treats and saying his name will do the trick. I got a little tri puppy mill rescue in July and the rescue lady called her Grace. I wanted a new name for a fresh start so now she is Jenny. It didn't take anytime for her to learn her name, but I think that is because I'm sure it is the first positive association in her little life.

Back