Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Cavs Name -Why That One

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Your Cavs Name -Why That One

Hi

Just reading Chloes post about name change ,so of course it leads me to ask members why did you pick the name you did for your Cavalier/s.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

shih tzu Winston because he looks distinguished--all he needs is a cigar and coat--lol

Bentley--wanted something english and distinguished--fits him

Abbey--again wanted something english which it definitely is and it fits her also

Chelsea--she had that name--didn't really care for it--was thinking about changing it to fergie as again the english deal BUT in her four days with us now it fits her and has grown on us. Fergie doesn't seem right now.

now our cavs are:

A bbey
    B entley
    C helsea

How strange is that considering the last one was named already.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Cody is named for the manager of the Kilkenny Hurling team. Abigail (Abby) because it was close enough to Ruby, her original name. Jasmine was already named. Gavin's name was picked because I wanted a fairly common boys name just to pee people off, it's funny how many total strangers take offence at dogs with 'people' names
    Stephen 3 Cavs - Cody, Abigail & Jasmine, Gavin the terrier and the cats - Buffy, Kendra, Thomas, Caleb, Robin & Cadbury, the Geckos - Crane, Poole, Schmidt, Amber, Seven, Eleven, Thirteen, Ivy, Gretchen, Darcy, Ari, Zeva, Claude & Claudine, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Dov, Ronia, Netanya

Post Thanks / Like

When I was young my family always had rescue dogs which came ready named, but I always had names I thought I would like for a dog of my own.

Graham and I didn't get a dog until I started working part time - Becky, our much loved late Welsh Springer, who was named after Graham's favourite beer at the time, Becks.

Toby was just a name I always liked so I was determined to get my way on this one, though Graham sometimes claims it was another Beer connection (Toby Bass!).

We had a long list of possible names by the time Rufus came along - talk about child substitutes! Rufus was our joint favourite, though we have several others up our sleeves. Just need a few more Cavaliers........
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

For my very first Cavalier a black and tan girl I went to the local library and read a couple of children's name books without success, then inside the back cover of one it had a list of Irish names that it said were no longer popular (at that time anyway) and I found Ciara which I had never heard of which meant "dark one" in Irish Gallic. That was it! no other name would do as her mother was called neisia (neesha) which the breeder said also meant dark one in Scots Gallic.
    Last edited by James; 28th January 2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: correct bad grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Gus------ was named already as he was 16 weeks when I got him. We thought of changing it but it seemed to suit him...he also answers to Gussy!

Pippin------ we named him before we even saw him it was from the hobbit in Lord of the Rings and funnily enough he is a tiny little guy...he also answers to Pippy,Pip,Pipster!

DJ ----- He was a rescue who already had his name and it really suits him...He will also answer to deeg!

They all answer to dinner or biscuit!!!
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, well when my children were little there used to be a saturday morning kids programme with two presenters and a tri colour cavalier always on the show with them, who`s name was Jasper and as it was my daughter that started the ball rolling with us getting a cavalier because they did a project at school and a friend had a cavalier and she kept coming home and saying how lovely this dog was and she and her brother remembered this dog on this show they chose the name.

Post Thanks / Like

tri colour cavalier always on the show with them, who`s name was Jasper
    My friend's son always used to call Toby Jasper, because he got confused with the tri colour on the TV show! He was only 5 at the time.
    Jan
    Owned by Rufus (B&T) and Piper (Border Terrier) and in loving memory of 12 years of Toby joy (Tri cavalier) - waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My two I have now were already names when I got them.

I had a Cavalier a few years ago and we named him Wolverine. My OH thought it would be funny to give a big scary name to a little adorable dog It just stuck! I wanted to name him Harry Potter

I have the name Molly picked if I ever get another one that I can name myself.
    Siobhan
    Belle (Tri-F) Rosie (Ruby-F) Bismarck (Blenheim-M)
    Prince (At the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Oliver got his name because he had big jowls that reminded me of my grandfather (first name Oliver).

Riley was named Celeste by the breeder which we didn't care for so on the car ride home with her my daughter came up with Kiley. That seemed a little harsh for her so we went through the alphabet replacing the first K with every other letter and stopped when we got to R -and Riley it was. She's mostly called Ry-Ry.

Madison was named Sushi by the breeder - didn't like that name either. Her grandmother's name was Madeline and the breeder said she looked a lot like her. My niece's name is Madeline, so we chose one that was close and came up with Madison.

Oz's real name is Oz, the Great and Powerful Weiner Dog. When we first had a dog we had a german shepherd who was my husband's love. When she was getting old we got Oliver and then Riley and then Madison. Howard always called them weiner dogs because they were so small in comparison to the shepherd. It took a lot of convincing to get the fourth dog. He finally relented but said I had to include weiner dog in the name, and promise to introduce him that way. I agreed and Oz, the Great and Powerful Weiner Dog was ours. I did introduce him that way for the first couple of months. People loved it!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)