Thread: Ice cubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice cubes

Oz loves to eat ice cubes. Is that o.k. for them, especially their teeth?
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so, because mine love them. I only give them small ones that are from the crusher (I'm afraid they will choke on big ones).

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy grabbed one tonight as it hit the floor. Since he has teeth coming in, I think it felt pretty good to him. It was a small piece so I didn't worry about him choking.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lady Loves them too

Our little lady gets almost as excited about an ice cube as other treats. Whenever she hears the ice dispenser running, she comes running. They certainly chew on harder substances - the nylabones, for example - so, I wouldn't think this would hurt their teeth. It's certainly better than a bunch of high calorie treats. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Truman LOVES ice cubes too! Every time we open the freezer he races over and waits patiently for an ice cube, and as soon as I give him one he gets so excited and runs over to the rug with it...I hoep ice cubes are okay for dogs, I only give him small pieces...
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

Another ice lover here. Lucy goes crazy for ice cubes. I don't usually give them to her but every now and again when one falls to the floor she will play w/ it and chew on it until it's gone. Don't know if Charlie likes them yet...haven't had any ice spills this week.
    Aimee
    Lucy (Blenheim F) January 25, 2007
    Charlie Brown (Ruby M) October 24, 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Amber really likes her ice cube treats... we take small ones and slide them across the floor for her to run and catch. She slides almost as much as the ice does when she tries to stop full-tilt! LOL

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Both Tanner and Whiskey love them too - they even try to play ice football before tucking in when they realise they are melting away

Post Thanks / Like

Maddie and Pippin both like ice cubes as well, but attack them differently. Pippin likes to chase them across the kitchen floor before sitting down to chew them up. Maddie likes to gently lick them until they're all melted. The trick is to stop Pippin stealing Maddie's because he always finishes first.

Post Thanks / Like

Both Jato and Zoey like to eat ice cubes. In fact, when they go outside to potty now in the winter, they always make sure to look around for chunks of snow or ice to chomp on.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008