• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

2 male pups

nicola

Well I took everyone's advice on here and have picked pups according to their personality. I have ended up with a very affectionate and active male blenheim and a more laid back male ruby from same litter. Can anyone advise if 2 brothers is a good combination? Or would it be better for male and female...there is a ruby female also but more keen on ruby male? TIA x

Most people recommend a male/female combiination. However, I have 2 boys that are half-brothers and they are the best of friends. They are 7 months apart. Most people also recommend waiting longer to add a second pup for many reasons, but I'm sure there are people on this board that have siblings and they would be able to tell you how it worked for them. What does your breeder recommend? It would be really hard to try to housetrain 2 puppies at the same time - it's hard enough training 1! :rolleyes: Personally, I would wait a year or so to get the second pup, because once the first dog is older it makes training the second puppy a lot easier since they take the lead of the older dog. I also feel like my older dog bonded closer to us than our second dog, because he only had us (and the cats!) for 7 months while the younger one grew up with the older one from day one...Good luck whatever you decide, and we can't wait to see pictures!

Karlin's thread

Karlin's thread "Considering a Cavalier" and the separate thread "one puppy or two" is essential reading.

I hope all goes well :)- there is an ideal way and that is to wait until Number One is estabilshed in the home and trained.;)

Thanks for the advice and have read Karlin's thread. Still going for two though...just wondering if two brothers would be a good combo or girl and boy?

Congratulations! I have three boys (not brothers) ages 5 yrs., 3 yrs., & 2 yrs. They get along great. I've never had a female dog so I can't help you with the dynamics of that. I always fall for the male dogs.

we have five girls & have not had any problems but then we have friends with 3 boys & a girl & no problems. COuld be the dogs basic personalities.

I have 2 girls....but not from same family.
One is 3 on sunday and the other is turning 9mths....they get on fine!
Get :snap:and post up some pics :) cant wait to see them.
Do the boys have names yet?

:jump: Congratulations :jump:
cant wait to see some pics :snap:

I dont envy you with two puppies in the house, thats alot of work :eek:

I agree - I'd love to see puppy pix!! :)

I have a girl and a boy myself but it just ended up turning out that way - I was thinking of going for two boys before I got Faith!! I have a friend with two male cavaliers who get along fine.. I've heard many times that with this breed gender isn't so much of a concern (having 2 boys, 2 girls, or both genders). ;) Good luck !!!

I have two boys and two girls. The girls are half sisters and are velcroed together. Oliver and Oz - even though separated by 6 years - actually are friends and play together. Oz and Madison are the ones who occasionally get into a tussle. Probably depends on their personalities rather than the gender.

Back