• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Before & After - Weight loss for Bluebell!

emmawright

Hello everyone, Bluebell has been on a drastic change of diet... no tripe sticks, bonios, treats, gone is the pedigree food and she is now on (as is lottie) royal canin light, which they both really enjoy. For a treat they now have a carrot stick. The vet is very, very pleased with her, and she has gone from 16kg to 14.6kg so far, the vet says to get her to 14kg, thats her target weight. she is never going to be smaller than that as the breeder we go to breeds the larger type of cavaliers. we have noticed a huge improvement, she is much happier. She has lost 5" on her waist !!!!!! She had a lot of fat around her waist before and infact had no shape, but she now has a waist!

Before picture: (Seeing this photo now is quite shocking - but i never saw how large she actually was)
3250403326_b1fed047a2.jpg

After: (She has more shape)
3249573793_f6a4feeae9.jpg

After: (A lot slimmer all over)
3250404438_918632e183.jpg

What do you all think??

Bluebell looks fantastic! (y) What a difference in her appearance. Congratulations! :lotsaluv:

Wow! She looks much younger and more spritely in the after photos. I'm sure she must be feeling the difference. That's great! :)

That`s amazing - looks like a different dog, how old is she, we got our dog from a breeder in Devon but his mum was a small breed.

Congratulations!! Thats fantastic, Bluebell looks really great. She probably feels it too :p

Can I get some diet tips from you? Prince was 13.5kg shortly after Christmas and he was 12kg when weighed yesterday so he is getting there. I have reduced his portion size of his dog food and his second feeding is all veggies. Cut way back on treats and as many walks as we can manage. Was there anything else you found worked well? He will eat apple pieces as a treat, he's not so fussed about raw carrots but will eat them cooked.

Wow thats an incredible difference. Be proud Mum. Its hard not giving them treats etc. so be proud of yourself. The first picture hard to even tell its a cavalier. She's beautiful. I used to keep the food on the floor 24-7. My shih tzu is big boned and his metabolism sucks like mine--lol. About a year ago we stopped leaving it on the floor and feed him once a day and I measure it. Poor guy doesn't get much. One small treat in the a.m. and then one cup of food and maybe and thats a big maybe another small treat in the a.m. He likes carrots so give him those. He couldn't be small if he tried. Just like yours big boned. Again, amazing difference and I agree--she must feel so much better and easier to walk and more energy etc.

Bluebell will be 2 years in April this year. I started her on 50g of royal canin in morning and then 50g in evening, but didn't see much difference from that, so the vet advised to go to 35g in morning and 35g in evening. Since then, it has made a huge difference. She used to have quite a lot of treats, and when i thought about what i gave her, it was quite surprising. She enjoys raw carrot, and apple. I have had to really ignore her when i have been eating or in the kitchen. I used to just feed her once a day, in the evening, and the vet said to split the meal, and feed her twice a day and that seems to be better. I have some kitchen scales by her food, and i measure out the 35g exactly. I also bought a smaller food bowl so that the biscuit looked more in the bowl.

Hi Emma - What a difference!! She really looks so much healthier and brighter now. Well done!

Im trying to get Millie and Chloe to loose a few pounds and have been feeding them Mini light like you twice a day - but still the 50g portions and I havent seen any difference in their weight. I might try reducing it to 40g twice daily and top up on more veg as treats to bulk it up. The weighing scales is a great idea too - why didnt I think of that?? I use the measuring cup, but now that I think of it, it wouldnt be as accurate as a scales.

Well done on your results though! She looks fab :rah:

Well done, not always easy to notice they are putting on, you look but don't see.

My Barney is a bit overweight, just weighed him on our scales and he came out at 11kg which doesn't seem right, so I think a trip to the vets to use their scales is needed.

Back