• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Soggy muddy dogs,

Ciren

i obviously can't bath her everyday, so what does everyone else do. now i can let her off lead (yay she did it again just now) she is MUCH muddier.

I think you should take your camera on your next walk take some photos and enter her into the new Cavalier Theme – Muckiest Pup.:lol:
Joking aside when my get dry they seem to be clean again. Get some dry shampoo, it’s like a powder. I personally don’t like it. Or get some conditioning/grooming spray.

Mine run around off the lead all the time (when it's safe, of course, but we have lots of open countryside nearby) and come home filthy. I find a quick rub with a towel stops them getting cold (and leaving too many paw marks!). When it's dried off, the mud brushes out easily and they quickly look respectable again. That's all that's needed.

Kate and Oliver - and Aled, our rescue Blenheim who joined us in December

I buy 4 paws puppy wipes, they work pretty well and then when it's dry I brush out the rest of the dirt.

Jen

I've been wondering this myself. Here in New England we are having mostly cold days peppered with some warm days, when I venture out with Meenah. But to my dismay, she quickly becomes mud splattered - feet, legs, her entire chest and belly, and even up her sides a little!! I think her hairy slippered feet just wick up that muddy water and flick it up onto herself. Its WAY too much work bathing her every time! And wipes don't even make a dent.

I wish someone would invent some kind of light, waterproof, washable garment that fits over all four paws, and comes right up their legs, and covers their entire undercarriage!!

I've been using a plastic bin, which I fill half way with warm water and a squeeze of puppy conditioner (I like the smell). I take it out on the deck and say "In you go!" She steps in and I just splash off the mud. Sometimes it take two changes of water. Then its a brisk towel drying followed by the hair dryer, which she loves. We finish with a nice cookie for being good!

Back