• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kibble or Tin Dog Food

islewriter

Do you prefer to give your Cavalier 'Kibble' or 'Tin' Dog Food?

Or do you mix a variety.

Kirra enjoys James Wellbeloved Kibble - although she also enjoys Caesar or Choice mixed in with the kibble.

At the mo I feed mine on Burns kibble with a small amount of butchers tripe.

They will eat it without the meat but I like to give them some variety, sometimes they have sardinges or some cooked mince instead of the butchers (or if Ive run out as I find it hard to get in the Republic)

i give james and chappie, as chappie is the only thing i have found to stop her having runny poo's

Same problem as Amy, Chappie is the only thing high enough in fiber to stop upset tummies for Dylan.

I give my dog Cesars mixed with small bite mixer, I tried him on Chappie recently but he refused to eat it, he rarely suffers with an upset tummy.

My old cavvie Dan is 13 this year and he has always liked Chappie, chicken and rice.

He has been very healthy on this diet. Spaniels do love variety and of course he has cooked chicken and lamb and veggies too.

He has to be on Royal Canin obesity diet kibble and wet for a while now until he gets slimmer.

Murphy is such a fusspot over his food. I find he likes Cesar mixed in with Royal Canin and Arden Grange dried food. I have to always add something tasty to the kibble or he won't touch it.

All of mine are on kibble, Royal Canin and Hills Science Plan. They all are doing great and there is so much variety out there. Currently, my Cavalier has had numerous bouts of dodgy poo in the past while (there was a terrible gastric bug going around my area and loads of dogs came down with it, along with my Cocker also, which was all spread by people not cleaning up their dogs poo - don't get me started on that... :mad:) so she is currently on Royal Canin Sensitivity and she is progressing slowly but surely. None of mine have any experience with tin food (unless they get very sick and we need perscription food from the vet for a week) so I don't see a need to feed them any, they get all they need in the dry. (y)

Mine eat mostly kibble; we switch brands regularly. They get special meals for birthdays and holidays. :jump:

Back