• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abbey's MRI today

linderbelle

Was positive. She does have sm. Going back in the a.m. to have consultation with neurologist. Its a 3 hr drive--I just got home and have been gone for 15 hrs. Very long day and I'm drained and eyes sore from crying. Will post later when I have more strength and more knowledge from neurologist. Lucky they gave us the news to at least give us comfort. They are keeping Abbbey overnight.

Oh Linda, I am so sorry! :( At least you now know what you feared and suspected all along, and with this diagnosis, you can get little Abbey the proper care and pain relief. There are so many members of this board with SM dogs that are being pain medication managed and doing well. There is so much information and support here.

We have also had MRI for suspected SM and at that time (7 mos) she was negative (no syrinxes) but positive for PSOM. Even that was an agonizing time so I know a bit of what you have been going through, and there is no guarantee that she won't get it later in life.

Know that you will continue to be in our hearts and prayers as you get through this. :hug:

Dear Linda, I'm so very sorry. It's a big blow even when you expect that result. You did the right thing for her and now you can expect some improvement with the pain medication.

There are quite a few on CT who have experience with SM so rest assured we are all here willing to help. :hug:

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear your news, thinking of you and sending :hug:

So sorry to hear the news,at least now you know what you are dealing with.

I hope little Abbey can get the meds she needs to make her comfortable.

I do not have any experience of this, but please know that I am thinking of you and Abbey.

Linda, I am so sorry that Abbey has SM, but now she will get the medication she needs to give her relief. :hug:to you and your family :flwr::flwr::flwr:
Thinking of you
Andrea

Back