• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Singing Cavaliers

Brian M

Hi

Why do some Cavliers sing ,Daisy my Blenheim is far more vocal than Poppy or Rosie she snarls ,growls ,screeches ,grumbles and rumbles and also when she greets me from work has a special high pitched up and down singing / greeting routine which is far greater in intensity and variance of pitch than the other two .A long time ago on a TV show there was a dog that could quite clearly say/sing the word sausages and lots of other words and I think Daisy sings as she does as she is so much more highly strung than the other two girls with her breeding line being more pure and controlled with her being a Loranka than the other two but dare I mention other so called human royal families and the problems too much inbreeding may have caused .But i find it highly funny and thoroughly enjoy her talking to me and even her groomer also calls her the Singing Blenheim Cavalier ,so do many other members have highly vocal Cavs.:)

Aren't they something :D. Annie,debarked, loves to set up a flurry of "barking" when, I think, she feels that enough is enough and it's always just out of my sight so I have to investigate LOL. Last week I was painting a room,with gate across doorway, and she had little patience with my being unavailable with a good few episodes of barking. When I scolded her she gave me that "innocent" look :rolleyes:. Dazzle is totally vocal, barks,"hums",talks-gives me the what for if she thinks I haven't offered the outdoors soon enough-so funny-she can really wind up :rotfl:

Gus my blenhiem also 'sings' we always say he can almost talk to us as some of the 'noises' he makes sound like words!

Sparky is very vocal - I have 'pretend' conversations with him to amuse people sometimes (yeh sad I know!!) - he'll be making his noises & I'll say things like 'how many?' - or say things like Mr Doggy does on little britain (USA)!!

My sister in law has a 6 month old baby, Ava, & she loves Sparky. Ava has a toy that hums a tune & Sparky 'sings' to it, you should hear the laughs out of her (& the mother in law) when we do this!

Oh - he's very vocal when he scoots too - I always ask him if he's dancing & he makes his little noise again like he's answering me!

I sound like a loony after reading that back!!

Rex is my singer of the bunch :) He has a really high pitched tone and any time I go to hug him up close or have my face next to him, he starts to sing :D
When he's rolling around the floor with Chloe he sings to her too! She has a much lower grumblier tone - its funny because you'd expect the high pitched tones to come from the girl!

oh harley sings, esp when the phone rings, and all the way through the vets examination he kept up a constant chat, ill try and find the link to the singing harley vid i have somewhere.

I forgot to say (actually was a bit embarresed to say :)!!)DJ also 'sings' when my son (22!) plays a game with him.

My son bends his head down,DJ gets on his hind legs, they kind of go head to head (moving their heads from one side to the other)then, DJ sings and my son sings back. My son has long hair and DJ has quite long ears.

It sounds mad but looks so funny and DJ loves this game,it's the only time he 'sings' normally he just barks a lot.

My son started this with him as he was our rescue to give him a bit of individual attention. Last week DJ came to him looking to play the 'game'.

Ps. It's sounds like my son is mad...he's not he just loves the dogs, and has a soft spot for DJ our rescue boy.

Last edited:
Back