• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lots more snow today...

Nicki

A few pics of the dogs

Cruz

Cruz_MG_5914.jpg

Teddy

Teddy_MG_5916.jpg

Daisy {pulling a face :mad:}

Daisy_MG_5929.jpg

then we had another 3" this afternoon :eek:

Hubby took this one at the front of the cottage

Trevorsnow_MG_5931.jpg

This was just as it was getting dark

snow_MG_5943.jpg

:D you guys are really lucky to have the snow... I think Bella would really enjoy it. She is forever stuck in the Australian heat wave- we have to wait till night time to go for walks or the road is too hot for her little paws and as soon as we get to a shady spot she just stops... and I end up carrying her haha!!

Wow, lucky you with all that snow, it never snows here, too near the coast! I especially love the first one of Cruz, i just love that little tongue sticking out!!

All your dogs are beautiful but I must say I have fallen in love with Teddy. Lovely dark colour on a ruby.

Three beautiful looking dogs and what lovely scenery, snows alright if you don`t have to go anywhere.

Thanks everyone - yes they were enjoying the snow :D

Sabby, I just love the rubies, the way the sunlight reflects off the coat and shows all the different shades - and Teddy has the most wonderful personality, he is a cuddle monster. He's also very naughty but that's what's so adorable about him!!

Sadly he has lost a lot of coat due to the medication he is on - he used to have a lovely bushy tail.

This was taken almost three years ago - the last time we had lots of snow {Rupert behind Teddy}

AdjRupertTeddy151055.jpg

Tonia, we could do with some of your sunshine now - but I would think that it wears you down when it's hot all the time :(

I confess we're getting a bit fed up with the snow though now - we were supposed to be going on holiday to the Isle of Skye for 10 days {with the doggies!}.

Well needless to say we didn't get away... the water main has frozen under the road outside the cottage, so we have no running water. YIKES! This is the first time it's happened in 6 years of living here.

We think what happened is that when we had a slight thaw, water seeped lower into the ground surrounding the pipe and then froze - so basically there's nothing we can do until it thaws. Fortunately our neighbours are very good and have supplied us with water, but we can't use the multi fuel stove in the sitting room as it has a back boiler for heating the water, and the hot water tank is not being refilled. so we are having to boil kettles for hot water, store water in every possible container plus buckets for the toilet...

We have left the first tap in the house {the utility room} open, which should reduce the pressure and hopefully mean that the pipes won't burst, BUT it means we can't go away now as we need to be here when it does thaw.

We are using the oil fired heating, which we normally try not to use due to the cost! but at least we are warm

It's snowing heavily again now, we're already up to 8" or 9", so goodness knows what it will be like later...

Not sure we'll get out for a walk today - the littleies struggle to get through it at that depth.

Last edited:
I couldn't imagine coping with all that snow! It looks very beautiful though.
At least you seem to have some very nice furry foot warmers. Cruz looks very well,it's great to see him bouncing around the fields obviously enjoying himself.

Sins

Back