• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella at 0.9kg/14 weeks

Tonia

is this how small all cav's are around 12-14 weeks?? I miss her being so little but not the anxiety of stepping on her!!!

101_1703.jpg
101_1717.jpg

101_1726.jpg
Exploring the backyard
101_1693.jpg
pick me up muuuummy!!
101_1694.jpg

101_1752-1.jpg
ratio shot.. i should have called her TINY not bella...
101_1867-1.jpg
her first dress
101_1855-1.jpg
her fav toy
101_1913-1.jpg
exploring.. too far bella!!
101_1897.jpg
in her pyjamas.. it was cold
101_1977.jpg

Bella is so sweet, you forget how tiny they are and they don`t have a big fluffy tail, we saw are boy when we was 2 and a half weeks old and he could`nt even walk, that was about nearly 9 years ago now, they soon grow up.:)

just gorgeous she is so sweet, how anyone can resist them is beyond me, could she get under that gate, she looks small enough, di

0.9 kg is tiny for a 12 week pup.
my previous pup was 2lb at 9 weeks & I thought she was exceptionally small

she is seriously cute though

I think there is a big range. Max, (whose parents are both around 15/16 lbs.) was 6 lbs. when we got him at 9 weeks. He was 13 pounds at 16 weeks when he had his last shots. I think he'll probably be quite a big boy.

Bella has the most adorable little face.
She is beautiful
My cav Sasha is small framed compared to Lucie.Sasha at 12 weeks was around 2kilos or so.
Maybe get her checked by a vet.If all is well she may just be very small framed.

My Bailey is very small, but at 9 weeks when i picked her up she weighed 1.15kg. Have you had her vet checked? My vets commented on how small Bailey was, and she has been ill from the start, mind you this is not necesarily linked to her size, but it is likely she is small due to being poorly. At 10 months she weighs 3.9kg so still small compared to other cavaliers.

My advice would be to check with your vet - just have a general health check, they should be able to tell you if se is at an ok weight and answer and questions.answers you may have.

Wow, she's light! Have you had her weighed on a professional scales or did you weigh her yourself at home? The best place is at the vet's, or a petstore if they have a proper animal scales there. Russo is nearly 17 weeks and weighs approx. 5.5 kg (12 lbs). At 12 weeks she was around 3.5 kg. (And there's not an ounce of fat on her). Her twin sister was a lot smaller and lighter, some dogs are small - but under a kilo seems exceptionally light for a dog that age.

Sparky was 1.3kg at 12 weeks - he's smallish now, was last weighed at 11.5 months & is 6.5kgs.

She is so pretty:lotsaluv:

Our Abigail was 4 pounds at 10 weeks and at 7 months weighs 11 pounds. I knew from breeder and vet that she would only get to 13 or 14 pounds as adult.

Heather R

bella then and now...

ops should have clarified that's WHAT she weighed, she is 8 months now and 5.1kg..

smaller then the toy....
101_1720.jpg

bigger then the toy... haha
P2121269.jpg
P2121264.jpg

Bella's a total sweetie!!

I weighed Russo again today and realised I messed it up the last day - I think I momentarily developed dyslexia and read 5.3kg instead of 3.5kg!

So, at 17 weeks tomorrow, she now weighs just over 4kg, corresponding to just over 9lbs. Looking at the chart on the weighing scales, she should only put on another few pounds. I'm interested in finding out! I do hope she stays quite light, because I have back problems and that would just be easier for me.

Bella is such a gorgeous dog, Tonia!

Back