• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

orthopedic dog bed

laram

When Sammy was diagnosed with spondolysis (basically osteoarthritis of the spine) three weeks ago, I decided to fork out and order him a luxury memory-foam dog sofa from Canada. It arrived two days ago. It's big and plush, has 6 inch thick memory foam, a fleece lining for him to snuggle in and soft raised sides for him to rest his head. I think it looks so comfortable I want to sleep in it myself!

Sammy disagrees... He is not interested in it at all. Last night I sat him in it and he just looked at me like 'huh?', then trotted out of the bedroom to sleep on his old lumpy red cushion that I had tossed into the living room :sl*p:

Maybe I will try to squeeze into his orthopedic bed myself - it was more expensive than my own! :p

Hi, just give it time. If the "favorite" bed is smaller you could plop it on the new one or rub it around the top of the new one to make it scent attractive :). I got a memory foam bed for my Golden about 4 months ago and put it in her favorite night sleeping place. Mollie never stayed for more than 10 minutes on a bed, couch,etc. always attracted to sleeping on the floor. She now sleeps 90% of the night on her bed but she worked up to that slowly. She,too, has the best bed in the house :D

I am no expert but I wonder if you put his cushion or a blanket on the new bed and then it would have his smell on it, we bought a new memory foam bed and pillows last year and they did seem to have a funny smell about them that lasted for a while.

Good point about putting his cushion on the bed. I am sure he'll take to the memory foam eventually! It was actually quite cute though how much he loves his old lumpy cushion.

Last edited:
I just switched Ilsa's favorite bed as it was OLD! I just put her favorite chew treats in her hew bed (like a mint on the pillow) and she went right in, laid down and chewed happily.

Jen and Ilsa

Back