• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Insurance

psucavs

Sorry I don't really know where to post this so I'll give it a go.

I'm new to this board...Hi all...you can read my life story in the New Members section, and if you have you know about my lovely girl Amanda. My step-mum recommended that I get insurance for Amanda because of her problems and because mum isn't here to help take care of her from a vet side.

My question is who, in the USA, has insurance for their Cav and who do you think has the best for both price and claim help. Amanda for those of you who didn't read my post in the NM section need to understand that Amanda is a rescue and has a severe case of epilepsy and requires frequent vet visits.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Amanda,
I am in the U.S. and I have Embrace for my dogs. I know their claims service is great and they are very nice to work with. They are a little pricey. What you have to be careful of is making sure that they insurance covers congenital conditions and most do not!
I might have gone with Pet Plan had I known about it. It is much less expensive, but I don't know how good their service and claims payment is.
I will say, I recommend Embrace and have a policy for both Lizzie and Bandit. You might find this website helpful. It is an independent website of insurance company reviews.

http://www.petinsurancereview.com/

This link takes you straight to the page that lists all the companies, their plans and a snapshot of the coverage plus user ratings:

http://www.petinsurancereview.com/dog.asp

Best of luck to you! Keep in mind that, like people insurance, they won't cover a preexisting condition, so anything you have already treated her for won't be covered (for example, if she's been diagnosed with dry eye or MVD, or has had a patella problem, etc). It is always good to buy the insurance before anything comes up!

Hello Amanda

Well amanda is my baby but she woof's to say hi :jump:

Yes I know that pre-existing conditions won't apply, but i believe they will help in case anything comes up. I know she probably has something coming along just because of who she is, but without mum here i want to be as safe as possible.

Back