• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan's tummy is making noises.

*Pauline*

Here we go again, I suspect a tummy upset is on the way. Dylan's tummy is making the weirdest noises. He won't eat his breakfast and he keeps looking at me like I should know what to do :confused:

I just gave him some Pro-Kolin which he usually likes but I had to open his mouth and spoon it in.

Last edited:
the rumbling tummy has stopped. this really frightens me, the screaming that is. but i know the vet can't do anything about it. it must be a tummy pain but he has firm stools.

Well the noises would indicate you are right, esp as it stopped after the scream. Thanks, that made me feel better.

Hi Pauline
I do hope hes better now its probaly is just gas ,so a good trump will do him the world of good

I think I smelt something after the scream when I was cuddling him. He doesn't usually "fluff". He still doesn't want his food.

I have to go to the vets to collect some pills and put in an insurance claim before I change to the new vets. So I'll take him for the walk, exercise is good for wind. :rolleyes:

poor Dylan. It could be gas, or he might have some loose stool behind that normal stool. THat happened to Bandit once. His stomach was really noisy, he pooped, normal, but he pooped again later and it was half normal and half oh-my-god. The rumbling stopped after that and he finally got his appetite back a few hours later.
I hope he is all better soon!

Hope its just gas Pauline. As we all know that can be quite painful --hopefully just needs to take a biggggggggggggggggg you know what--lol.

I left Dylan's food down and he ate it at noon so I am not worried now. He is asleep in the bathroom, snoring away, quite content. :)

Thanks for all your replies, at the time I was quite worried.

Hi Pauline

Well at least hes handy for the loo ,make sure you have some Andrex in there ,nothing worse than newspaper it leaves damn print all over your bum.:)

Hi Pauline

Well at least hes handy for the loo ,make sure you have some Andrex in there ,nothing worse than newspaper it leaves damn print all over your bum.:)

:lol: This is an old house Brian, the toilet isn't in the bathroom. We still haven't gone for our walk yet, I'm having a slow day.

Hi Pauline

Hello Brian,
Thank you for the laugh. :p
You made me remember my Grandmother's outside toilet & the cut-up squares of newspaper threaded on a string.

* Pauline* Rumbling tummies are not unusual, so don't worry . I just give the dog a lighter, very digestible, meal such as chicken & rice ( or my standby, a tin of Denes Senior Lamb Chicken & Rice ) for a day or so.

Margaret C

Last edited:
Poor Little Man

Poor Dylan - I hope his tummy is settled now. There is nothing worse than when you can't make them comfortable.

My gorgeous Peter rabbit who is nearly 9 years old had a very poorly tummy a few weeks ago - after a lot of money and an emergency visit to vets in early hours of the morning he is now back to health and tearing round the garden. When his tummy was sore though I gently warmed a lavender cushion and sat him on it whilst cuddling him. The combination of gentle warmth and the smell of the Lavender really relaxed his tense tummy. :flwr:

Not to be missed out one of our fish was bobbing along upside down on Sunday and he is ancient so I thought his time had come to go to the great pond in the sky - but, oh no! He had other ideas and after a few drops of swim bladder treatment and 24 hours later he is back to normal...... It's as though each pet feels they have to do something dramatic to get our attention ! Husband just accepts his place ..... at the bottom of the pack !! :jump:

Please give Dylan a big cuddle from Ruby and me x
Love Dawn x

Hi Pauline
Hope Dylan is feeling better now. Have you ever kept dinefords (Baby's colic medicine) in the house? had a dog once that often got windy tummy and he used to scream, wind can be realy painful for humans as well. I just gave give him a spoonful of dinefords and it helped greatly.

:lotsaluv: Nanette

Back