Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burns food & pet shops

Post Thanks / Like

Davy

Burns have a list of stockists on their web site

http://www.burnspet.co.uk/dog/stockist.asp

I used to order direct from them, but found it recently at a local stockist and it is slightly cheaper!! Cinders is on High Oats & Minnie is on chicken & rice.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm considering swapping to Burns. Can anyone tell me whether the size of the biscuits is smaller than JWB? Also is anyone feeding Burns Mini Bites to an adult dog? I need a food that isn't too large in size and that is suitable for a 2.5yr old and 9 month old. I rang Burns and they said Mini Bites should be fine but I'm worried Sally (2.5yrs) will gain weight on it.
    Sally (Blenheim) 01/02/07
    Lois (Tricolour) 25/09/08

Post Thanks / Like

I swapped my two over to Burns mini bites a few months back Dotty's 2 1/2 and Ziggy's 18 months. Both have been done and they have been fine on the mini bites but I did wonder weather to use the chicken and brown rice one. Kibble size on the mini bites are a lot small than JWB.

Post Thanks / Like

I had Oz on Burns for a while - I can't remember which one - and his gas was so smelly I had to take him off of it. Now maybe it was just him and maybe it was due to grains in the food, but when I say smelly, I mean it was like leave the room foul. Felt like we needed a gas mask!! He is totally fine on his food now. i feed all of mine Artemis.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

to my nicki i give Burns Rice and Fish combined with Small bites, which contains brown rice and chicken, he likes them a lot and so far no problem at all

good luck
    Chiara from Italy
    & Nickey tri /M 23/05/2008
    Morgana boxer/F 19/05/1993 26/11/2007, forever in our hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have bought a small bag of Burns Mini Bites and I'm gradually going to mix it in with the JWB until they have totally switched to Burns. Hopefully the gas wont be too bad if I switch gradually! I dont think I could tolerate bad wind from my girls either.
    Sally (Blenheim) 01/02/07
    Lois (Tricolour) 25/09/08

Post Thanks / Like

I had my two on the Mini bites, chicken and rice, and they were fine, no great weight gain, and wind wasn't much of an issue too. Good luck, hope they like it.