• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Burns food & pet shops

Davy

Anyone else having problems getting Burns?

I always order SiânE Burns high oats from my local pet shop. They do not stock high oats only the main Burns food. But they always make sure they have a bag stored out back for me.

Today I went in to get the food to be told this would be the last time, as Burns were no longer going to supply the pet warehouses and would only be selling online.

This works out more expensive for me. I have looked on the website but they don’t say anything on there about it, so was wondering if anyone else had been told this?

I haven't heard this, but will pop into my local pet shop and check, i hope they don't as like you say it'll make it more expensive.

Hi Davy

I just had a load direct last week dry food incl High Oats for Poppy and their new cod wet food and of course dried carrot and fish treats ,I think Burns is great and the added bonus of permanent firm poops ,what a blessing.:)

Davy,

i get mine direct too - can you order with someone else close by and then you could order more to get the free delivery option?

I've just got back from the pet shop, the owner knows nothing aboutthis at all, and showed me leaflets that had come with her burns order this morning (asking if they want to order the new burns pouches). So as far as she is aware there is no problem?! Maybe worth you ringing burns themselves and asking?

hI

I bought some of the new Burns wet food Cod and Arctic Char and just use a bit as a taster on top of the girls Burns biscuits and it went down fine.

I get my order from the vet, but this is Ireland and they probably have a different arrangement here. Ive never seen it for sale in a pet shop.

Good news :)

I email them and they answered back that it wasn't true. So the petshop suppliers are telling porkies.

They also ask for the petshop number so they could personally call them and explain that this isn't the case.

I would look for another stockist, it sounds to me like the petshop do not want to go to the trouble of getting it in for you. Many vet practices stock it try ringing around a few see if there is anywhere else close by. Good luck in your search.

I would look for another stockist, it sounds to me like the petshop do not want to go to the trouble of getting it in for you. Many vet practices stock it try ringing around a few see if there is anywhere else close by. Good luck in your search.

I agree, plenty of Vets stock Burns and my local groomer also stocks it (very random!). I'm sure if you ring around you won't be looking for too long more (y)

I'm considering swapping to Burns. Can anyone tell me whether the size of the biscuits is smaller than JWB? Also is anyone feeding Burns Mini Bites to an adult dog? I need a food that isn't too large in size and that is suitable for a 2.5yr old and 9 month old. I rang Burns and they said Mini Bites should be fine but I'm worried Sally (2.5yrs) will gain weight on it.

I swapped my two over to Burns mini bites a few months back Dotty's 2 1/2 and Ziggy's 18 months. Both have been done and they have been fine on the mini bites but I did wonder weather to use the chicken and brown rice one. Kibble size on the mini bites are a lot small than JWB.

I had Oz on Burns for a while - I can't remember which one - and his gas was so smelly I had to take him off of it. Now maybe it was just him and maybe it was due to grains in the food, but when I say smelly, I mean it was like leave the room foul. Felt like we needed a gas mask!! He is totally fine on his food now. i feed all of mine Artemis.

to my nicki i give Burns Rice and Fish combined with Small bites, which contains brown rice and chicken, he likes them a lot and so far no problem at all

good luck

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have bought a small bag of Burns Mini Bites and I'm gradually going to mix it in with the JWB until they have totally switched to Burns. Hopefully the gas wont be too bad if I switch gradually! I dont think I could tolerate bad wind from my girls either.

I had my two on the Mini bites, chicken and rice, and they were fine, no great weight gain, and wind wasn't much of an issue too. Good luck, hope they like it.

Back