• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fiber-pumpkin and also yogurt

linderbelle

I've always heard that pumpkin is great for them because of the fiber and good for their anal glands etc. Also, the yogurt for their tummys etc. How much do you give them a day?

I give canned pumpkin every morning (1 medium sized spoonful per dog), and that, along with the flaked barley and oats, really keeps their stools firm.

As for yogurt, some dogs can get upset stomachs from it, so I only feed a smaller spoonful (per dog) every morning. I try to use goats milk yogurt because goats milk is easier on their stomachs than cows milk...it's quite a bit more expensive though (about $7.00 at Whole Foods for a big container), but it will last several weeks. Hope that helps!

Back