• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our beautiful, beautiful Brady

metime

Went to Doggy heaven this evening.

He has been my shadow since he arrived in our house as a puppy 14 months ago. We did everything together and he came everywhere with me.

He was like a 4th child.

We are all devastated.

The only consellation I can give the kids at this difficult time is that he had such a happy 14 months with us.

We have started a memory box for him. I am going to out to see my fabulous vet tomorrow and will see about having him cremated. We have already decided where we will scatter his ashes - down the end of our garden where he ran first every time he was out to see if there were birds in the big tree so he could bark at them.

Kids also want to plant a tree.

I gave up work 10 months ago and Brady and I have had so much fun and I don't know what I am going to do without him. He was my minder and was the best guard dog. He was my buddy and so many laughs together.

He had his annual check up last week and he was in perfect health. Vet commented on his health, diet, athleticism (he wasn't a docile Cav - he was like a terrier trapped in a Cav's body - but he was genuine Cav).

He died as a result of an accident.

He should be here sitting behind me with his head on my shoulder or my head but he is gone.

He really was so, so beautiful and fabulous markings. Will post a pic.

Keep us in your thoughts.

Oh I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news of Brady you're in my thoughts, Take care x

Run free Brady in the beautiful sunshine at the bridge

Brady left too soon :hug: but he gave you wonderful memories to always cherish in your heart. Run free at the Bridge, Brady :flwr:

Thank you

I am dreading seeing him tomorrow - my sister is coming with me.

Kids cried themselves to sleep.

He was a special soul.

Love you Brady - sleep well xxx

Oh, metime, I am so very sorry about Brady.
I hope you find some comfort here.
You and your family will be in my thoughts. I do know how it feels to lose one far too soon to an accident. My Pixie is at the bridge waiting, too.
Take time to grieve and feel whatever feelings you need to.

I'm so sorry for you loss. It's so difficult when they leave us unexpectedly like that. I'm sorry.

Just came down stairs - he should be jumping all over me at this stage. You would swear he hadn't seen me for years when he would see me in the mornings. Am going to see him this morning but am absolutely dreading it

My poor, poor baby

I know people will say he was "just" a dog but he meant the world to us

I am so sorry that you have lost Brady so young and you are in my thoughts. :hug:

My friends who don’t have dogs don’t understand that you can love a dog as much as you can love a human being. (Love my dogs more then some people I know)
Nobody on here will say that he was just a dog. He was your special Brady.

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of Brady. It's always harder when it's unexpected.
Sins

I lost a young puppy in a accident years ago, its awful, i wouldnt be too quick and try and replace him as that impossible you need to grieve first. di

Metime and family. I am so very sorry to read that you have lost your precious boy Brady. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this heartbreaking time .

So sorry for your loss. Although you had such little time together, I'm sure Brady left you with lots of fond memories. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time :flwr::flwr:

Thank you all so much. Went to visit him earlier and he just looked perfect. Brought his brushes with me to brush his ears.

My heart is broken - I have a pounding headache and just feel sick. The kids didn't want to go to school this morning but I just couldn't let them watch me cry all day. My mum's dog knows there is something up and has been here moping around looking for his buddy.

The house is just so quiet.

We have arranged for him to be cremated

I am so sorry to hear this very sad news.
Words just don't seem enough but please know I am thinking of you and your family. :flwr::flwr::flwr:

I'm so, so sorry to read about Brady and how much it has affected you and your family. I have tears reading your posts. It's hard to imagine something like this happening to such a beloved friend.

God bless you and your family.

Heres a poem that may give you some comfort. I thought it was lovely.

I sit and try to write the words, I want your heart to hear.
Hoping to find some comfort, in the fact that your not here.
I look out into the open field, that you once occupied,
Knowing now that field is empty, because my love, you've died.
I do believe with all my heart, that your soul has gone to be,
With all the other angel dogs, that you were meant to see.
We will have to stay behind, until God calls us too,
So do not be afraid, that he's only called for you.
The water is still, in the pond that you played,
And your bed is so empty, where your pretty head laid.
Our bed is to empty, where you once laid between,
the two people who LOVED you and now only dream,
That one day our eyes will shut one last time,
and you will come greet us, angel of mine.
Until then, I'll keep trying to see through my tears,
with memories you left us, to reflect through the years.
We'll never forget one minute we spent,
of loving and laughing, of places we went.
And I dread the day that your scent disappears,
for it's "proof" to me, that you were just here!
But one day will come, when we'll start to see through,
the pain of the moment, and remember just "you".
Now you go and play, and look down when you can,
remembering we love you, and this isn't the end.

I am so sorry for your loss, I know words are not much comfort right now but please remember all on this forum will be here to give you support and try and help you through such a difficult time.

Hugs to you
Nanette

I am so sorry for your loss, and have felt your pain. My sweet Lacy was taken from me at 8 months and the grief was overwhelming. After time it will hurt less, but those first days were horrible. We are all here for you-and hope you and the family finds comfort.

Back