• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Baxter!

Beautiful pictures!! your new addition is beautiful.

I love the one of them asleep together.

Thanks :D Used a Nikon D3 and 85mm f1.4 Lens. SB-900 flashgun.

I bought a Nikon D60 last summer, I havn't really had much chance to play around with it yet as I'm studying for my final exams which are in June. Is photography your profession or is it a hobby?

Hi

They are superb photos,you must be a pro with kit like that and the quality pics you shoot ,I am still trying to get my head round a D80 I got last summer what resonable portrait lense would you advise :confused:

so adorable! I love the one of them cuddled up together! he has the cutest little face ever!:eek:

Hi guys,

Just an obsessed gear junkie, and 100% hobby!! I hope to be a pro photographer one day, but my day job leaves very little time to sort that.

Gary.

Hi

They are superb photos,you must be a pro with kit like that and the quality pics you shoot ,I am still trying to get my head round a D80 I got last summer what resonable portrait lense would you advise :confused:

The D80 is a fandab camera, and I feel the 50mm f1.4 (or 1.8 for a bargain), and the 85mm f1.4 (again, 1.8 for a bargain), are both fantastic lenses. The D80 is on a cropped sensor, so the 85 might feel a little on the long side, but with enough space, you can really make the background absolutely melt. The 50mm f1.4 will be a touch wider, and the backgrounds will just slip away too...lastly, if you wan't to go for full body portraits etc, then I would have thought something around the 35mm range? Just speculating though as I very rarely do that type of shot...

The one lens I think *EVERYONE* should own, is a 50mm in 1.4 or 1.8 flavour. One of the most versatile lenses ever, and absolutely sharp as hell.

Gary.

Hi Basil

Great pics of your office Cavs ,our of our ladies fetches her Max to work hes a little Lasa Apso and he just disappears under her desk all day ,but a couple of years our MD stuck his head under and was saying good doggy and little Max jumped up and bit him on the lip :( Pat then went to the hospital for two stitches but he ended up with a little scar which he then elected for plastic surgery at £450 cost to clean it up ,so max still goes to work but Pat keeps well away ,plus we have 8 semi feral cats who sometimes wander into the office will try and get pics of.
But the main reason for my post was those original photos of yours,can we have some more pls,have inspired so much I have got my D80 out and I am now determined to improve my skills , I have my two reasonable zooms and a nifty fifty but also have just bought a Sigma 10-20 and a Nikon prime 85 mm f1.4 and a Sb 900 flash so more practicing and reading but I know I wont get to your heights but thanks for the inspiration.:)

Best Wishes

Brian

Last edited:
Hi Basil

Great pics of your office Cavs ,our of our ladies fetches her Max to work hes a little Llharsa Apso and he just disappears under her desk all day ,but a couple of years our MD stuck his head under and was saying good doggy and little Max jumped up and bit him on the lip :( Pat then when the hospital for two stitches but he ended up with a little scar he then elected for plastic surgery at £450 to clean it up ,so max still goes to work but Pat keeps well away ,plus we have 8 semi feral cats we sometimes wander in the office will try and get pics.
But the main reason for my post was those original photos of yours,can we have some more pls,have inspired so much I have got my D80 out and I am determined to improve I have my two reasonable zooms and a nifty fifty but also just bought a sigma 10-20 and a Nikon prime 85 mm f1.4 and a Sb 900 flash so more practicing and reading but I know I wont get to your heights but thanks for the inspiration.:)

Best Wishes

Brian

That Nikon 85mm f1.4 is a BELTER of a lens. My favorite in fact, I never stop using it. Bizarre timing, just mucking around earlier and took this:

3347188853_a1973568b4_o.jpg

Normally would not upload and post, as lots of issues with it. However, the timing was just perfect :)

Gary.

hello gary!
fancy meeting you here!

Baxter looking a real cheeky pup! photos stunning as usual mate.

Ross

hello gary!
fancy meeting you here!

Baxter looking a real cheeky pup! photos stunning as usual mate.

Ross

Hey mate :)

You got another yet? Always thought you lived in EDI, not Glasgow for some reason. How are you?

Gary.

Hi Guys! Been lurking for ages, but have some good news to share :)

Basil, 14 months old, now has a brand new best friend! :D

I present, Baxter, a blenheim at 10 weeks old. We have had him for 5 days, and he is adorable. Basil took a few days to adjust, but they are getting on like a house on fire now!

I hope you enjoy :)

3290381643_deef0ca182_o.jpg

3280414153_76a6c86fcd_o.jpg

3281227852_e7697bde20_o.jpg

3281179578_66fbbe3bde_o.jpg

3280081864_005280aaab_o.jpg

3286606203_131c9ac17b_o.jpg

8: One of Basil, when he was the same age!! :)
3280755381_ca8311a484_o.jpg

Basil and Baxter say....WOOF!

Gary.

Gary I was gonna show some friends some of your really nice pics, but the pics are gone :(

really lovely pics, gorgeous babies-i like the 2nd one the best! He looks soo tiny in it unless your screen is massive lol! but theyre all lovely:)

Back