• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan's MRI scan picture.

*Pauline*

I received Dylan's MRI scan on a disc today. It has really upset me, this is the first time I have seen it. I believe this is the best picture of the syrinx in his neck. The scull is to the left of the image and the white stripe down the spine in the neck is a syrinx of just under 5cm. I had 193 images to chose from as Dylan showed pain in his lower back so he had a full scan. The syrinx in his back is just above the shaved patch seen in the picture below, it is also just under 5cm. They tested for meningitis also and the shaved patch is where they did the spinal tap.

3292288733_3de4092ac7.jpg

3292411477_bb434fc3c9.jpg

Last edited:
Pauline, thanks for posting this...is the syrinx the white part on the left side of the image that kind of tapers off to the right? How is Dylan feeling these days?

Pauline, thanks for posting this...is the syrinx the white part on the left side of the image that kind of tapers off to the right? How is Dylan feeling these days?

Yes that's right. Dylan had his dose of Gabapentin increased this week as he is scratching about as much as he did before he was on any meds. He is adjusting to the increase, it makes him drowsy. I didn't visualize the syrinx quite so wide and I wish I'd had these images as soon as the MRI was done. Then maybe I'd not be upset all over again.

Sorry that the MRI has brought back a flood of emotion again Pauline. It is really hard to accept our little bundles of love having to endure such discomfort and then to see the explanation in such clear black and white..... well it just makes our hearts ache doesn't it?
Dylan is such a beautiful little man and I can imagine the joy he must bring you and yours. I hope the increased dose brings him much relief.

I was talking to a lady in the theatre last night whose husband had his leg amputated a few weeks ago and he was suffering phantom pains beyond belief. Infact his 'corn' that had been on the amputated leg was causing him so much more pain than when his leg was still attached - incredible! Anyway she was telling me that since doctors put her husband on Gaberpentin he is a new man.... they have, however, told her that as he builds up a tolerance to it the dose will also have to be increased.

Ruby looks beautiful today. The groomer came and groomed her yesterday so she still looks like a wooly mammoth but a very neat and tidy one! :p
The groomer is an angel and whispers sweet nothings to Ruby whilst grooming her. She is kind, caring and most of all very gentle and patient. It helps that she has Ruby cavalier herself I suppose! Anyway after she left I went on to your recommended site 'Groomers' and ordered the aromatherapy shampoo and a comb and detangle comb. They came this morning - super fast! The shampoo smells divine. :rah:
It loks like it is going to be a sunny but cold day today - (yesterday was quite misty and damp down at the beach) I love a blue sky and the waves crashing..... right, where is the lead....! :dogwlk:

Love to Dylan and I hope you feel a little brighter soon Pauline. Take his chin in your hand, look into those adoring eyes and know you are doing everything you can to make his life comfortable and especially know how blessed he is to have you for his Mummy x (y)
Dawn x

Back