• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another unwanted cavalier

pippa

I got a call from my sister-in-law this morning ,she was calling to ask if I knew anyone who wanted a cavalier puppy 8 months old, or if I would take it!

A neighbour of hers got it from his son who couldn't keep it, but the man can't manage it:confused:

[deleting price information -- admin]

I asked her to ask him if he would be willing to give it to a rescue, but she said probably not but she would ask him.

She was ringing me because she was concerned it would not go to a good home.

He is selling it beacuse it barks when he is not home:mad:

I can't get the poor little thing out of my mind now...I wish she hadn't called me:(

She probably knew it would have this affect on me and maybe I would buy it.

Why do people keep getting dogs without thinking it out first!!!??

The same sister-in-law(we are not close) bought one recently herself because her little girl wanted it..I'm just waiting for the call asking me to take it also!

I just cannot get my head around why people would ever buy a dog for a child. It is madness. It is wrong to expect any child to have that kind of responsibility. Then when the child doesnt want to go for a walk in the cold or clean up puddles the parents get fed up and dogs are left looking for new homes.

My own sister recently decided that she wanted a dog (a pug) and in her own words 'I dont mind if its cheaper and unregistered, I just want it as a pet' - I emailed her a link to a video on puppy farms and an SPCA puppy farm rescue video and that soon made her think twice.

It is very frustrating to hear so many stories like this. I really hope they manage to get a good home for the little guy. Maybe they will let it be rehomed via rescue.

That is so sad. Hopefully the family loves the dog enough to have its best interests in mind and will agree to rescue. :xfngr:

I know this is a sad situation but I do not allow listings for dogs that are for sale, no matter the circumstances.

I hope they at least get the dog neutered before they try and sell. Dropping you a PM on one possibility. (y)

Sorry Karlin:eek:

I didn't mean to put the price up on the forum...I was heading to work just after the call and was so mad.

I just wanted to vent really.

Will check pm now.

I wasn't the topic, I should have been clearer and thought more about it. It was just listing the prices.

Thanks to your concern and help, we are getting this guy sorted. :)

Back