Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cavaliers being advert. as tiny tiny toy

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Cavaliers being advert. as tiny tiny toy

I just found this website and it makes me SO MAD! They are promoting their puppies as "tiny toy" and "tiny tiny toy". One puppy is being promoted at only 1 lb 10 oz at 3 months old. sicko people, and the puppies look SOOO sad.

Last edited by Nicki; 22nd February 2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: removed website

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Some/all of those pups look quite poorly.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

did you see all the other breeds they have too, lol i should send them harleys stats they would fall over, i cant help but think they cant be healthy, maybe underfed from birth. I look everywhere i couldnt find any details of heaths screening the parents have had, di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to say I'd look pretty annoyed too if anyone tried draping me with all those flowers and feathers. I don't think I could ever buy from anyone who did that to their puppies in the first place. They certainly don't have happy eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another example of animals being treated like accessories ... and making someone a hefty profit by the looks of it. I think that's what has befallen many cavaliers that end up in rescue - people buying the puppies BECAUSE they look so toy-like, and then can't cope with a living, breathing, running, jumping, pooing reality that needs to be fed, trained, excercised and cared for - it's just too inconvenient, so they get rid
    Last edited by hwowen; 22nd February 2009 at 06:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've taken the web address off as we have to be strict about this kind of situation - there are legal implications. Please read the section about libel.

Thank you for pointing this out to us though.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

oh, yeah sorry Nicki!

Post Thanks / Like

I googled it and had a look..that website looks disgraceful.
    Proud mummy of Scarlett!

Post Thanks / Like

I googled it as well - words fail me!

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.urban75.org/info/libel.html

http://www.isp-planet.com/business/libel.html

http://www.out-law.com/page-5624

Please read these before you post any more.

I would read that for any information on libel. The UK Law is extremely harsh in respects to the same law here in the USA. After all the first amendment promises free speech until you endanger their person. While I'm not an expert of UK or European laws, I have passed the BAR in the USA and I can say that you don't want to mess with UK Libel Laws.

My suggestion is to play it save and make up personal nick-names (personal meaning you made them up personally) to refer to certain people. And remember take any Law advice with a LARGE grain of Salt (even mine) One needs to pass the BAR or BAR equivilent and specialize in Libel Law to give you imperative advice.

But yes them recognizing those Cavs as a tiny toy, teacup, or toy toy could bring about a lawsuit from the KC in Britain for defamation for misrepresentation of a breed if it is a UK site.

Also check the isp routing from your computer. For many cases if the server bank is located in the USA, UK laws will not cover anything unless the site is hosted in the UK. For cavaliertalk.com it looks like the site is hosted from a company in Ireland but then routed to a Server Bank in Amsterdam. Meaning I do not know if Hosting365 Ltd. Ireland is responsible because the actual website is located in Amsterdam. Karlin maybe a litle help from you.

Any admins if this needs to be deleted for security reasons go ahead and do it, I don't care, whatever is better. Just thought I'd give a little advice on UK Libel and how serious it is taken in retrospect to the USA.
    Last edited by kmatt; 22nd February 2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Add 4th Paragraph