Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MRI for Leo tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how Leo got on, di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi.

I still havent heard from the vet today. They promised they would call. If I havent heard by 6pm Im calling them.
    My girls are upset to come home from school and him still not be here.
    Im guessing they scanned him today.
    The wait is agonising. I will post as soon as I hear.

Thanks for caring

Mel

Post Thanks / Like

LEO UPDATE..

The vet called. They have observed Leo today and are still unsure about his symptoms. They have said they want to keep him over the weekend and may scan him saturday!
    We are all in tears here as we miss him so much. The vet said he is absolutely fine. He's had 3 wallks today and spent the night with the nurses as he's on 24 hr obs.
    She also said he has settled in very well and is a really "chilled little man". With a very good appetite!!!

I cant believe it; we're all miserable and in tears and he's having a grand old time!!! Typical Leo.

Mel x

Post Thanks / Like

It must be a very anxious time for you all, sounds like your little man is treating it like a holiday, it`s a bit like when the children go away when young, you worry like mad and they are having a whale of a time. Hope you don`t have to wait too long now

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That must be pretty stressful Mel. Hope they do it sooner. Do you think they might not do it if they don't see him showing symptoms?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Mel, you must really be missing him.....And he has the cheek to enjoy all the attention he's getting, they're worse than kids! Having us worried sick missing them while they have a great time!

I hope he gets his scan and gets back to his mum soon...hope all goes well with the result.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Vet just called. They examined Leo today and when they pressed his mid back he yelped and also his right shoulder. Apart from that he is showing no signs. They have decided to keep him over the weekend to observe him and MRI him on Monday.

She said he's absolutely fine and happy. Enjoying the walks (getting about 4 a day!!) I hope he doesnt think thats going to continue when he gets home! LOL.

The neurologist is going to call me on Monday. I know its best he stays and they observe him but we really want him home. How can one little dog leave such a huge gap by simply not being here!!

So Monday is the big day. Think of us as I know you all will.

Love Mel

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck to Leo!! It is so hard when they are away from home.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad he's going to have the scan Mel. I think at this stage, you need to know either way. Like we said on the phone, it horrible they are keeping him so long but at least they will not over look any possible other problem.

I didn't realise, I forgot to give Dylan his morning Gabapentin, no wonder he's been playing and barking all day, full of beans. It's a pity he needs these pills.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Pauline* View Post

I didn't realise, I forgot to give Dylan his morning Gabapentin, no wonder he's been playing and barking all day, full of beans. It's a pity he needs these pills.
    Pauline, do you find the gapapentin makes Dylan tired?
    I think it might make Ilsa tired. The neurologist told me it doesn't but our pharmacist said it often does to humans.

Maybe we should start a new thread but I read that and had to ask right away

Jen and Ilsa