• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

MRI for Leo tomorrow

This must be nerve racking, ive been comeing on here several times a day hopeing there is some news on leo, so god knows how your feeling, I really hope they do the scan on Monday, its been a long time comeing, if they had scanned him earlier at least we would all know by now.

Still no change in news with Leo. The vet called today to reasure me he's ok and say they still intend to MRI him monday.

We went to London today to see a show which helped take our minds off it but of course we came home to an empty house.

I cant believe its taken this long. I really thought we'd take him for a scan last wednesday...get the results and then treat if need be!

Mel:(

I am puzzled as to why Leo has been kept for so long without anything being done, and at the explanation which seems to be that the vet is observing him?
It does seem hard on you, your children, and Leo to prolong his stay and leave you waiting so many days for a diagnosis.

Is this part of a new trial, because five days of boarding at a veterinary centre would be an expensive exercise?
I know your vet spoke to you about a trial, and the only trial that I know anything about was one at RVC about a year ago.
I was told by the Clinical Investigation nurses that they had finished recruiting a long time ago.

I hope they the vet dealing with Leo gets on with things & that he is back with you soon.

Margaret C

Hi.
Margaret. The reason the vet has given for the long observation is he feels many many Cavaliers will show Syrinxs if scanned. He said if Leo showed a syrinx it would be too easy to blame that for his screaming fit 2 weeks ago. As Leo is only 2 he wouldnt want to commence him on drugs if the cause of his distress was infact something else. Does this make sense?

Its been so hard and there have been many tears....both mine and the children. The vet called today again to say Leo was fine and had been out for a few walks and they had bathed him this afternoon. He had tolerated that fine with no signs of distress.

The plan is still to MRI him tomorrow then they'll call me and let me know. This has been such a long week and Im glad we have had a busy weekend.

The support here is fantastic.....Thank you.
Will post more when I know.

UPDATE!!!

This is unbelievable but the a young student vet called about 20 minutes ago to tell me Leo DIDNT get the MRI today as there was a problem with the scanner and he's booked in for 9am tomorrow!

I think my reaction scarred the poor chap! It would have been nice to have let me know earlier as we've been on tender hooks all day. Anyway I told him I wanted to collect Leo tomorrow regardless, he went and asked his boss who has agreed. They have appologised and promise to call me with the results tomorrow lunch time and then I have an appointment with the neurologist at 4pm.

I am so sick with the waiting my stress levels are through the roof.

Once again I will post more when I know.

Mel:confused::bang:

Now I'm starting to think they are making the most out of your insurance! :confused: It will cost a fortune to have him on observation for so long.

So sorry you have had to go through all this `waiting game` yet again - you must be at the end of your teather with it all, as you say you would have thought they could have let you know about the scanner they must be aware you are worried sick.

This is ridiculous, I know it's a teaching hospital etc.. but you've just left a much loved family pet there for a diagnostic procedure NOT donated him to science! You're absolutely right to demand him back tomorrow.
Sins

Thanks Sins......Im glad Im not just being hysterical by demanding him back. I think Pauline might have a point that its a money making scheme from the insurance!

All I care about now is getting my boy home and of course getting a diagnosis........although that makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Hi Mel,

I am so sorry to hear how long this is taking. It must be a nightmare, they only took Tilly in for one night to observe and did the MRI the next day. I hope that all goes well for tomorrow.

Much love

Sam and Tills

Hi Mel
I can well understand your frustration that things are going at a crawl, especially when it was supposed to be just for 24 hours or so. I am becoming a little bit suspicious that they are pushing their luck in dragging this out for so long. Everything crossed for him tomorrow. Hang on in there. Wishing you all the best, will be thinking of you
Diddy

I should think they will keep him for nothing (laugh) after all its not your fault the scanners broke, I think i would have said forget it, except he will have to go through this again, im livid. di

Back