• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tilly is clear

tilly

Hi

Just to let you all know about the good news that we have received on Tuesday.
Tilly had her scan and for the moment is clear of SM although she does have a slight malformation of the skull. I have been told that most cavaliers will have this. She has been put on medication as she does have some discomfort and they think this might be due to the malformation.
She has to go back for a check up on in 4 weeks time.
For the moment at least we have peace of mind that there is no presence of SM

Sam

:rah:

That's great news! Some dogs do have problems from the malformation alone (it is the more common problem for human sufferers). Is she on frusemide? How old is Tilly again?

Sam, I have one that is uncomfortable due to her malformation alone, but like you say no SM, so it's good news!

Tilly what a little star you are!

Alison.

thats brilliant new about the sm, did they say what level of problems with defect will cause, i guess it just wont get any worse, with it not being progressive. im so pleased, di

Hi,
Thanks for all your support.
Karlin, Tilly is 5 months old but they have put her on gabaentin half a capsule twice a day. I hope that this will give her some relief. The frusemide, I think is a diuretic, they did explain that she had a lot of fluid surounding the brain but at the moment they are not too conerned with it. Is frusemide something I should be condsidering for her? If anyone could give advice it would be appreciated.

I am a first time dog owner and all this is very new to me and I think it will take a while for me to get to grips with all the medication that can be used.

At the moment I am so glad that there is no presence of SM and all that I can do is take things as they come.

Once again thanks for all of your support

Sam :)

I was so pleased to hear this news Sam - told Lesley {dog trainer} tonight and she was pleased for you too. We then, between us, explained the condition to the rest of the class - so that's more people educated too (y)

Will hopefully get together with you in the next week or so - take each day as it comes, and enjoy Tilly, she's very beautiful :lotsaluv:

Back