• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Humans have amazed me!!!

metime

Again I am probably in the wrong forum but want to share.

I am still coming to terms with the loss of my precious Brady a week ago. We only had him 14 months but he was an amazing character - as my DH said tonight "he had a personality all of his own".

But I am truly amazed at the support I/we have received from everyone.

Vet and nurse did all they could and treated me so well from the minute I phoned to say Brady was not well till his death and beyond. My vet has a her practice in the country beside my childrens school. I was collecting them yesterday and saw her beautiful Boxer on the road when so many cars were around collecting kids. Broke my heart to call her number on my mobile but had to cos I didn't want her dog to come to harm and phoned to let her know her dog was out.

Every day this week I have had phonecalls, e=mails, texts and people coming up to me to sympatise with me - I am totally overwhelmed but comforted as I thought no-one would understand. Had the most fabulous sympathy card today which I didn't expect.

My friend who has a younger cav than Brady met me today and we cried together. She had her little cav with her and I just cuddled him and kissed him.

Time is not right yet but I will get another at some stage.

Love you Brady
Miss you

It's wonderful that people have been so nice.

Take time to grieve for your beautiful boy... he will always be in your heart and you will know when the time is right for another companion.

It is so hard to lose one untimely like you did, and it will be with you always. It is so important to get support when so many around don't see the loss of a pet as significant. Everyone here shares your loss.
So sorry you are having to go thru this. Take time to grieve.
When Pixie died tragically at 11 months, about a week later the kids and I began writing a long list of things we remembered about her.
Little stuff like my 10 year old wrote:
"I remember the way Pixie used to lick my feet at bedtime."

Just little stuff like that.
Then we put together a hardback photo memory book through Shutterfly with lots of pictures, and the last page is the "I remember" list.

You might find something like that is helpful. Pixie's book sits on our coffee table. Her ID tag is affixed to the first page and the sympathy cards we received are saved in an envelope taped into the back cover. We enjoy looking at those memories of her.

None of us here underestimate the tremendous loss a much loved pet is to a family.All of us are here because we love our little furry companions and we truly empathise with a loss like this.The vast majority of people are intrinsically good and will do what they can to support, from friends to work colleagues and neighbours.My mother phoned last night to tell me it was time to let their 14 year old lab have his wings.She'll call the vet today and heartbroken doesn't even begin to describe how she feels.No matter how mnay dogs you see safely over the bridge they're all individuals and loved for their own personality and their contribution to family life.
You know also that when the times comes to add a new dog we'll all be delighted to wish you well.
Sins

Hello metime

You sound such a loving and caring person and I am sure your personality is so much like that of our beloved Cavaliers that it will not be long before you and this wonderful breed of dogs are reunited again in total happiness .:)

Warmest Wishes

Brian:)

I am soooooo sorry for your loss and like somebody else said on here that we all associate what you are going through. These are not "dogs". They are part of us just like a child is. They give us so much joy in their short lives. I'm truly sorry that Brady's life was cut soooo short. I love Brotymos tribute in the shutterfly book. In time you will be able to get another--replace no but another dog so you can pour your love into that one. Brady is imbedded into your heart and you are a very special person I know because of what you are feeling. Hugs to you.

Back