• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Important: Pedigree Dogs Exposed official petition at last!

swissdoggies

Hi - I am new here, but I just recently saw the documentation "Pedigree Dogs Exposed" and was really upset what I saw there.

You can find several videos about it on youtube, also about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and SM.

I just found the following petition on the Internet, but unfortunately I can not sign because I am not from UK. You can still sign on there until March 12th. Every signature is needed.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ReformtheKC/

Pedigree Dogs Exposed official petition at last!

Please post this far and wide - 10 Downing Street have approved the wording for our petition...

Following the powerful Pedigree Dogs Exposed documentary on BBC1 the Kennel Club still seems reluctant to grasp the nettle face the problems and reform itself. The program revealed it urgently needs to bring in mandatory minimum standards on levels of inbreeding, make health testing mandatory, prevent unhealthy physical exaggerations being rewarded and stop the culling of healthy non-standard pups by changing breed standards. The KC continually complains that it lacks the backing of legislation to bring in these urgent and much needed reforms, so we the undersigned urge the Prime Minister please instigate legislation to ensure pedigree dogs are saved from unnecessary future suffering.If you would like to add your name to this petition please go to this link

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ReformtheKC/

And do please read the previous post on this blog. "Saint Margaret" from Pedigree Dogs Exposed TV show (as I've just decided to call her) is about to be pretty much burnt at the stake by the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club. Her crime? Daring to speak out against Beverley Costello for continuing to breed from her dog extensively after it had been diagnosed as having SM, the ghastly disease that means a Cavalier's skull is far too small for its brain. (Quote from the show on syringomyelia from top neurologist Claire Rusbridge, "If you beat your dog with a stick to cause that much pain you'd be prosecuted.")

Thanks. :) We have been following the documentary and its aftermath since it ran -- if you want, you can find some of the ongoing and previous discussions by using the site search facility. (y) The petition link has been posted before but it would have been a good while back and we have many new members since then so your posting it again is welcome. The petition however can only be signed by UK citizens as it is addressed to the prime minister. (y) There have been some other petitions online, too.

Back