Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Lois..

Post Thanks / Like

she is adobable! I do think her little "undershot" look gives her character. She looks very determined!
    Cavalier's bites can change several times over the first couple of years. Bandit has had the prettiest scissor bite (what you want them to have) constantly. Lizzie, on the other had had a scissor bite. Then when she started teething, it became level (meeting up evenly top and bottom) Then HALF of her teeth went undershot, some were scissor and some were level . It looks now like she is getting her scissor bite back (I hope, since we are showing).

Post Thanks / Like

Oh she's really lovely.Such a little cutie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brotymo View Post
    she is adobable! I do think her little "undershot" look gives her character. She looks very determined!
    Cavalier's bites can change several times over the first couple of years. Bandit has had the prettiest scissor bite (what you want them to have) constantly. Lizzie, on the other had had a scissor bite. Then when she started teething, it became level (meeting up evenly top and bottom) Then HALF of her teeth went undershot, some were scissor and some were level . It looks now like she is getting her scissor bite back (I hope, since we are showing).
    Really? Teddy has always had the perfect bite, least the vet says so. I take his advice a lot. That is interesting. I'm gonna keep a better eye on Teddy's bite from now on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kmatt View Post
    Really? Teddy has always had the perfect bite, least the vet says so. I take his advice a lot. That is interesting. I'm gonna keep a better eye on Teddy's bite from now on.
    Yes, this is according to not only my breeder, but other breeders as well. Here is one bit of info from a prominent judge and breeder:

Cavalier bites can change up to three years of age; it is very frustrating for the breeder to see a good mouth go off and a undershot mouth correct itself in the most beautiful, neutered Cavalier in a pet home. Don't fault mouths too much in a puppy as the bite may change daily, but the scissors bite is ideal and is strongly encouraged; undershot is strongly discouraged. The standard calls for a scissors bite in a Cavalier. At this point a
    level bite is not considered a fault. Overshot
    mouths, including a parrot mouth, are very faulty and
    should not be rewarded.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Agree you have areal cutie

Our Abigail also has the undershot jaw andall we meet seem to think it makes her much cuter As she is a pet we love her just the way she is and will be in the future.

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like

My Jato has an overshot bite. It has never bothered him- in fact it is so cute to watch him crunch his puppy treats. It's just a bit of a different way he chews, compared to how Zoey does it.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008