• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Little Lois..

ann

Beautiful Lois, 5 months old... Owned by Jane ( shippers)....She is adorable:luv:
baby.JPG

Absolutely adorable. My only question (not criticizing) is a cavs jaw supposed to have the lower jaw undercut the upper jaw? Is it something that is seen in puppies and goes away in adults? I'm not hundred percent sure.

No, it's not, but as you say, it's common enough and (usually) doesn't cause problems unless its very severe. Amber had an undershot jaw as a puppy, although I think it looked worse than it was because she also had a milk chin! Now it's gone completely. Other dogs retain it and it and owners feel it adds character - see Cathy's Shelby for a good example! That's Amber in my avatar, btw.

Gorgeous little tri there!

Absolutely adorable. My only question (not criticizing) is a cavs jaw supposed to have the lower jaw undercut the upper jaw? Is it something that is seen in puppies and goes away in adults? I'm not hundred percent sure.

Yes Lois's jaw does undercut the upper jaw as seen on the photo. We were aware of it the first time we met her at the breeders and the vet is too. It has never caused her any problems and it certainly adds to her little character as we sometimes call her 'titty lip'!! As she is a pet dog it really doesn't matter to us :luv:

she is adobable! I do think her little "undershot" look gives her character. She looks very determined!
Cavalier's bites can change several times over the first couple of years. Bandit has had the prettiest scissor bite (what you want them to have) constantly. Lizzie, on the other had had a scissor bite. Then when she started teething, it became level (meeting up evenly top and bottom) Then HALF of her teeth went undershot, some were scissor and some were level :confused:. It looks now like she is getting her scissor bite back (I hope, since we are showing).

she is adobable! I do think her little "undershot" look gives her character. She looks very determined!
Cavalier's bites can change several times over the first couple of years. Bandit has had the prettiest scissor bite (what you want them to have) constantly. Lizzie, on the other had had a scissor bite. Then when she started teething, it became level (meeting up evenly top and bottom) Then HALF of her teeth went undershot, some were scissor and some were level :confused:. It looks now like she is getting her scissor bite back (I hope, since we are showing).

Really? Teddy has always had the perfect bite, least the vet says so. I take his advice a lot. That is interesting. I'm gonna keep a better eye on Teddy's bite from now on.

Really? Teddy has always had the perfect bite, least the vet says so. I take his advice a lot. That is interesting. I'm gonna keep a better eye on Teddy's bite from now on.

Yes, this is according to not only my breeder, but other breeders as well. Here is one bit of info from a prominent judge and breeder:

Cavalier bites can change up to three years of age; it is very frustrating for the breeder to see a good mouth go off and a undershot mouth correct itself in the most beautiful, neutered Cavalier in a pet home. Don't fault mouths too much in a puppy as the bite may change daily, but the scissors bite is ideal and is strongly encouraged; undershot is strongly discouraged. The standard calls for a scissors bite in a Cavalier. At this point a
level bite is not considered a fault. Overshot
mouths, including a parrot mouth, are very faulty and
should not be rewarded.

Agree you have areal cutie:luv:

Our Abigail also has the undershot jaw andall we meet seem to think it makes her much cuter:luv: As she is a pet we love her just the way she is and will be in the future.

Heather R

My Jato has an overshot bite. It has never bothered him- in fact it is so cute to watch him crunch his puppy treats. :wink: It's just a bit of a different way he chews, compared to how Zoey does it.

Back