Thread: Snapping in mid air

Post Thanks / Like

Question Snapping in mid air

Hi,

I did not know where to post this so if I have done it wrong I apologise.
    Just a quick question, I'd seen Tilly do the most strange thing tonight. For about 60 secs or so Tilly stated to snap in the air, I thought at first she had something stuck in the side of her mouth but nothing there after checking but she continued to snap. This is the first time I have seen her do this. Has anyone come across this? Is is just one of these Cavalier traits? !!!!
    Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

How old is she ?
    ---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Aileen,

She is 5 and half months old now. I just found it strange she has never done that before.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be fly catchers. At this point, best thing to do is just to watch and keep a diary. If it starts happening more often, try to video an episode.

Pat

http://www.cavalierhealth.org/flycatchers.htm
    Pat B
    Atlanta, GA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HI Sam - it's always worth posting about something like this, as people often have experience of "odd" behaviours, and it also helps new people...

Fly catchers does occur with Cavaliers, sometimes together with Syringomyelia, sometimes with epilepsy - another common Cavalier problem

They are also prone to obsessive compulsive behaviours, so it may be a manifestation of something like this.

It is well worth keeping a record of when these behaviours occur, time of day, length of time, whether anything in particular triggered it - eg turning on lights {any form of stimulus}

Will e-mail you in a bit, just about to feed everyone and then plan to catch up
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org