Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abbey's SM surgery tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Abbey's SM surgery tomorrow

Well, we made the drive today and roads weren't that bad. Abbey's bloodwork and heart tests came back good. Her surgery is scheduled tomorrow for 11 a.m. central time and Dr. Shores said it takes about 1 1/2 hrs. He also said on a scale of 1-10 he feels this is about a #4 to do---meaning how hard. That made me feel a little bit better. Her syrinx is large and he said she's in alot of pain but yet my little girl when I was saying goodbye and she's doing her scratching and rubbing and everything else she's looking at me like "mom, it will be ok". Now I'm crying again. He is going to call when he comes out of surgerytomorrow. Tears me apart knowing that she doesn't understand all this and at least humans understand about surgery etc. I'll post tomorrow after he calls.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, I hope the surgery goes well...I'll be thinking of little Abbey around 11am tomorrow Please let us know how it goes, you should feel good knowing that you're doing everything possible to make her comfortable. She's lucky to have such a great mom
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and little Abbey as she has her surgery tomorrow.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

I will be thinking of you and Abbey tomorrow. Best wishes and prayers sent from Kansas!

Post Thanks / Like

I will continue to pray that Abbey does well during and after surgery. I will also say a prayer for you, I know it will be hard for you, knowing what she is having to go through. Please keep us posted!
    Mom of Bella-Blenheim female born 12-29-07
    Koda, Lilly, Neo, Gizzy,-(dog,cat,birds)
    Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Madison, Brandy, Shayde, Lucas, Abraham.

Post Thanks / Like

don't worry Linderbelle your doing the right thing just get ready to give her loads of cuddles when you get her back xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Loads of good wishes coming from us for little Abbey...will be thinking of her.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Ive just looked at the time and she will be in surgery now, I cant imagine how you feel, i hope you can find something to keep you occupied, do you know how long it will take?
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

My heart goes out to you. Please keep us posted....thinking of you.

Mel

Post Thanks / Like

mom, dad and Peaches all thinking of you
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren