• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abbey's SM surgery tomorrow

linderbelle

Well, we made the drive today and roads weren't that bad. Abbey's bloodwork and heart tests came back good. Her surgery is scheduled tomorrow for 11 a.m. central time and Dr. Shores said it takes about 1 1/2 hrs. He also said on a scale of 1-10 he feels this is about a #4 to do---meaning how hard. That made me feel a little bit better. Her syrinx is large and he said she's in alot of pain but yet my little girl when I was saying goodbye and she's doing her scratching and rubbing and everything else she's looking at me like "mom, it will be ok". Now I'm crying again. He is going to call when he comes out of surgerytomorrow. Tears me apart knowing that she doesn't understand all this and at least humans understand about surgery etc. I'll post tomorrow after he calls.

Good luck, I hope the surgery goes well...I'll be thinking of little Abbey around 11am tomorrow :flwr: Please let us know how it goes, you should feel good knowing that you're doing everything possible to make her comfortable. She's lucky to have such a great mom :luv: :xfngr::xfngr::xfngr::xfngr:

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and little Abbey as she has her surgery tomorrow.:hug:

I will be thinking of you and Abbey tomorrow. Best wishes and prayers sent from Kansas!

I will continue to pray that Abbey does well during and after surgery. I will also say a prayer for you, I know it will be hard for you, knowing what she is having to go through. Please keep us posted! :xfngr:

don't worry Linderbelle your doing the right thing just get ready to give her loads of cuddles when you get her back xxx

Loads of good wishes coming from us for little Abbey...will be thinking of her.

Ive just looked at the time and she will be in surgery now, I cant imagine how you feel, i hope you can find something to keep you occupied, do you know how long it will take?

thanks everybody. I know with time changes and we are all so spread out in the world and time changes etc. Her surgery is tuesday, 11:00 a.m. central time. Her surgery should be in a little less than 4 hrs. and doctor said it was about a 1 1/2 hr surgery and he will call when he comes out. Thanks for thinking of us. This is not fun at all and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I told hubby last night that I've never ever gone through something like this with an animal in all my life--I know when I was a child we had sick dogs but it was covered from us. As an adult the worst we've ever gone through is a dog had cancer but when they caught it she didn't live very long at all. In my mind this is about #2 on my list of bad stuff--#1 is cancer. I guess its the brain deal ya know. She's going to be ok--she's a trooper and she knows how much we love her.

Linda,
Just remember that the surgeon will probably wait until Abbey has come out of anesthesia before he calls. That can add about a half hour or so onto the time estimate. But, generally they want to make sure the dog is doing o.k. before they call. I'm thinking about you and remembering my very LONG day waiting for new of Riley back in June. Best wishes,

Dr. just called and she's out of surgery and it was just as he expected. Surgery went well. She will be reevaluated when fully out of anesthetic and resident will call us with another report. So far they have called twice today which I'm very please on how we're being treated. They called this morning just to give a report before surgery and now this one and another one to follow. Makes me feel good that they are taking our feelings into consideration. Keep praying for her everybody. She is loved ALOT.

Back