Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crufts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crufts

So I know all the negatives that Crufts has brought out in the past year, but I wanted to know if anyone in the UK is going? I'm wanting to start really working on Agility soon and they NEVER show it on TV . So if anyone is over there can you give a daily update. I know it starts Thursday?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not going but have heard that it going on the web ? so you might be able to see some of it
    ---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sometimes there are agility runs to view on youtube.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

You can view Crufts live as it happens apparently
    http://www.cruftslive.tv/

Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not going to Crufts this year. I was thinking of going, I have been every year for about thirty years, but when the KC Chairman asked people to show their support for the Kennel Club by making it a record entry at Crufts, I realised I could not go & be counted as a supporter.

I have been asked to go and give an interview on GMTV on Thursday morning. They wanted me to take my three cavalier boys with me but I refused. It could be a real ordeal for them as they all have SM.

I have said I will take Faith, my young tricolour that lives with George, the Japanese Chin, as one of my daughter's family pets. Vikki is thrilled at the thought of her darling cavalier girl being on television and has announced it to all her friends on Facebook.

I have refused the offer of an overnight hotel stay & they will arrange to send a car to pick me up in the early hours of Thursday morning.I won't know any other details until tomorrow and I'm not sure if I will know what time I will be interviewed until I get there.

I understand they will be broadcasting a live interview with someone at Crufts as well.

Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like

Give um hell girl
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[quote=Margaret C;311414]
    I have been asked to go and give an interview on GMTV on Thursday morning.
    I understand they will be broadcasting a live interview with someone at Crufts as well.

Goodluck for that Margaret, I am positive you will be wonderful and I for one am so pleased that the Cavalier plight will be once again publicised.

Listening to Radio 5 Live this morning Caroline Kisco from the kennel Club was being interviewed along side a representative from PETA, do not know if anyone from this board heard it but it descended into a dog fight between these two. Cavalier brains mentioned again being to big for the
    skull, I am sure certain people will be up in arms about this.

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

can you remember what time it was on the radio? i will try and find a podcast of it.
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ciren View Post
    Give um hell girl
    What she said Margaret! Give'em HELL!

Post Thanks / Like

Anything in the Arena at Crufts will be filmed and shown on the Kennel Club website, including Agility. Oliver, Aled and I are doing Discover Dogs again on Friday and Saturday afternoons. I expect that, like last year, I'll spend a lot of time talking to people about SM and the questions to ask when looking for a puppy. This year I'm going to take Oliver's scan along - his syrinx is small and not very visible, but it shows clearly the build up of fluid in the brain and the cerebellum being pushed into the top of the spinal cord - easier to show than to try to explain. I love doing Discover Dogs - lots of people making a fuss of the dogs and showing me pictures on their phones of their own Cavaliers, and everyone agreeing what a wonderful breed we have!

Kate, Oliver and Aled