• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crufts

kmatt

So I know all the negatives that Crufts has brought out in the past year, but I wanted to know if anyone in the UK is going? I'm wanting to start really working on Agility soon and they NEVER show it on TV :(. So if anyone is over there can you give a daily update. I know it starts Thursday?

I am not going but have heard that it going on the web ? so you might be able to see some of it
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

I'm not going to Crufts this year. I was thinking of going, I have been every year for about thirty years, but when the KC Chairman asked people to show their support for the Kennel Club by making it a record entry at Crufts, I realised I could not go & be counted as a supporter.

I have been asked to go and give an interview on GMTV on Thursday morning. They wanted me to take my three cavalier boys with me but I refused. It could be a real ordeal for them as they all have SM.

I have said I will take Faith, my young tricolour that lives with George, the Japanese Chin, as one of my daughter's family pets. Vikki is thrilled at the thought of her darling cavalier girl being on television and has announced it to all her friends on Facebook.

I have refused the offer of an overnight hotel stay & they will arrange to send a car to pick me up in the early hours of Thursday morning.I won't know any other details until tomorrow and I'm not sure if I will know what time I will be interviewed until I get there.

I understand they will be broadcasting a live interview with someone at Crufts as well.

Margaret C

I have been asked to go and give an interview on GMTV on Thursday morning.
I understand they will be broadcasting a live interview with someone at Crufts as well.

Goodluck for that Margaret, I am positive you will be wonderful and I for one am so pleased that the Cavalier plight will be once again publicised.

Listening to Radio 5 Live this morning Caroline Kisco from the kennel Club was being interviewed along side a representative from PETA, do not know if anyone from this board heard it but it descended into a dog fight between these two. Cavalier brains mentioned again being to big for the
skull, I am sure certain people will be up in arms about this.

Nanette

can you remember what time it was on the radio? i will try and find a podcast of it.

Anything in the Arena at Crufts will be filmed and shown on the Kennel Club website, including Agility. Oliver, Aled and I are doing Discover Dogs again on Friday and Saturday afternoons. I expect that, like last year, I'll spend a lot of time talking to people about SM and the questions to ask when looking for a puppy. This year I'm going to take Oliver's scan along - his syrinx is small and not very visible, but it shows clearly the build up of fluid in the brain and the cerebellum being pushed into the top of the spinal cord - easier to show than to try to explain. I love doing Discover Dogs - lots of people making a fuss of the dogs and showing me pictures on their phones of their own Cavaliers, and everyone agreeing what a wonderful breed we have!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back